Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Size: 75ml|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 September 2015
In July 2015 I went on a camping trip in Lapland, mosquitoes swarm around you there as midges do in Scotland. And with the sun never going down in July, the swarms last for most of the 'night' as well as all day. I'm someone who gets a lot of bites normally, about 20 in two days before I remembered I'd brought a bottle of this with me. I tried it all over the exposed skin including my hands. I then stood outside and watched the swarm form around me. A mosi came to land on my hand, and then backed off when it got to within 5cm of my skin. I tried proffering my hand again, it came in for another attempt and then backed off again! Kept trying it but no landing... Amazing stuff.

Seemed to last for about 5 hours on a hard-ish walk, then decided to reapply as I went through a humid gorge. (Walked over some remaining snow with a (non-biting) swarm around me!)

Not smelly like DEET, doesn't doesn't damage the plastic on your watch like DEET.

This is highly effective against mosquitoes and doesn't have a horrible caustic smell.

Recommend trying it!
on 27 May 2017
Purchased because Lyme Disease website rated this as one of the most effective tick repellents. Used by my daughter on a week long outdoor course in the Lake District. She was the only one in her group who didn't get a tick - so definitely worth the money!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 July 2017
I bought this to spray onto my children on holiday and got my husband and I a DEET based spray. The first night, the children got absolutely no bites and we got loads! We all used this for the rest of the week and I would recommend it to anyone. We used it very generously for a week on four of us (two adults and two children) and it lasted the full week, running out on the last night.
on 15 January 2017
After living in midge-hell and trying everything on the market, this stuff is the best by miles!!! And fine on my sensitive skin. Smells nice too.
on 31 August 2016
Bought this for walking in Scotland, love this! Midges and horseflies normally love to feast on me, but this kept them well away - not a single bite!
If that's not enough, it also smells relatively nice, and absorbs well without leaving a greasy residue on the skin - again marking it apart from other insect repellants. Cannot recommend this product highly enough - Thank you Smidge!
on 11 July 2017
Hello. I rate this product 4 out of 5 stars since it successfully repelled fleas! The only problem with it is that it does not come with much of it. It will last a family of 3 around a week. If even.

If the fleas see you however, the product will not successfully repel them but it will prevent more from coming for you. It does not last the expected 8 hours, rather 5 at most. A little bit of it goes a long way. I am still suffering through a FLEA INFESTATION however and hoepuflly I won't need to keep repeatedly buying it for much longer. This is not a paid review however (I wish it was though), so no need to worry about the fake reviews.

If it can repel fleas, it can repel anything. Good luck!
on 21 July 2017
Living 30 feet from a river, in a bowl of the Welsh hills, midges are FER-0C-I-OUS! All times of day, from early morning to late at night. This year, [given the Welsh weather - i.e. WET] it's meant that now, in July, still haven't completed the tidying up usually finished in April.

But, to the rescue! Bluekoo and Smidge! Wonder Woman has NOTHING on Smidge! [I keep expecting an alien voice to call "beam her up,
Scotty" ]. In a word, fabulous. With a maelstrom of midges clouding not only the immediate horizon, but the middle and far distance, I can crouch over my flower beds with total impunity. Arrrrhhhh!
on 28 June 2017
I've found this to be a great insect repellent: it repels biting insects but smells pleasant to humans. Deet-based products irritate my skin if I use them consistently day after day over a long period (e.g. on a walking holiday), but smidge can be used again and again without disturbing the skin. Great stuff for those of us who just can't avoid being bitten by those ferocious midges!
on 22 May 2017
Seems to be working! Have used skin so soft in the past, this seems much better
on 22 August 2015
Amazing stuff! We are currently on holidays in Fort William. Midges usually find me very juicy but spray this and it works a treat. When you apply it it has a lovely citrus smell and once it's dried you can't smell it. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy and it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend this product!