on 21 November 2016
What a fantastic read would recommend it to anyone
on 22 June 2016
Tony Anthony conned many people into providing funds for the translation of this book into various languages which he then sold during his ministry . Avanti Ministries subsequently closed when it was revealed that this book was infact a work of Tony's imagination rather than a portrayal of truth. It goes to show when people exhalt themselves and their testimonies ( in this case fake ) their focus is not on God but on profit and a lifestyle which facilitated this author in travelling around the world promoting himself and a false story rather than God !
on 29 July 2013
The Evangelical Alliance commissioned an independent panel to investigate the claims in this book. It found that the majority of the claims could not be verified. Having traced Mr Anthony's birth certificate, it appears his claim that he worked as a top body guard in the 80's was impossible, as he was born in 1971. Concerns by a number of Christians went unheeded by authentic publishing. Mr Anthony's website counters claims his book is fiction by saying dates and names have been changed to protect people's identities. However, other's in ministry have alleged sections of the book have been plagiarised from David Caradine's TV series, and also from Bruce Lee. In the face of the thorough investigations I am returning the book to Authentic publishing, and demanding a refund. I suggest all others who bought it do the same.
33 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2012
I wanted to believe this story, I really, genuinely did. 8 years ago, when I first read TtT, I devoured it and gave copies to many of my friends. Back then it seemed so amazing - I described it as "like a James Bond film" in my original Amazon review. But over the course of time, I began to wonder if all the details could really be true, so I started to search around on the internet. I found a whole bunch of very sceptical people who pointed out all kinds of inconsistencies. Then I found some Christians who had similar doubts. Between us we have uncovered hard facts (birth, marriage, death certificates) that prove beyond doubt that TA's story is fabricated. I have asked TA for something - anything - to prove his story, but his complete inability to produce any hard evidence to back it up seals the deal.

Here's one site with a bunch of things to make you think long and hard about TA's story:
[...]
Please, for the sake of gospel integrity, avoid.
55 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2013
This book's gripping story made Tony Anthony into a minor celebrity, enabling him to travel the world telling people how he had been a kung fu world champion and violent criminal. But it's all lies. The saddest thing is that the author has stated that only minor corrections are needed, whereas in reality virtually all his claims have been exposed as utterly false. Typing his name into google will find more information.
55 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2016
The book is a huge pack of lies cover to cover. After several investigations by multiple parties it was determined that the entire story was a work of fiction. Even the authors own evangelical peers, once presented with the evidence, had no choice but to admit it was all made. The author is a fraud and a charlatan and I'm sure a large number of the positive reviews on Amazon can be traced back to his supporters who still blindly cling to his fantasy tales of heroism and redemption. It's complete utter tripe!!
on 26 September 2013
Tony Anthony claims in this book that he went to China a child, was world Kung Fu champion, and worked in close protection as a body guard. The book is exciting but unfortunately, it's all fiction. But that's not all. Tony Anthony has been touring the world, claiming it was 'his true story'. A major investigation by a team of people in the UK revealed Tony is a fake, a liar, and a deceiver. He doesn't stop there. Before he was 'saved' he was imprisoned several times for fraud related offences. His old demons have surfaced again in his 'new christian life' but this time in the form of plagiarism. The resources he uses in his 'Release Conferences' were stolen from another ministry. His book "Passion", still being sold by 'Authentic' is a plagiarised work. So if you want to read Taming the Tiger, do so knowing your are reading the work of a serial fantasist, plagiarist, and global fraudster. If you are in doubt, search around on Google and you'll see find out what I have written here is not in any way exaggerated or embellished. If you've already bought TTT, I recommend you ask Authentic for your money back. They published this work knowing it was the work of a fraudster but continued to distribute it because it was filling their coffers. Tony's book "Passion" is still on the book shelves and has not been withdrawn.
on 8 December 2008

[...]

Please, for the sake of gospel integrity, avoid.
on 21 July 2013
"In October 2012, the Evangelical Alliance received a detailed complaint about the validity of the testimony of an Avanti Ministries' evangelist, Tony Anthony, and his book Taming the Tiger."
"The panel produced its report on 26 June 2013 and concluded, based on the evidence submitted to it, that large sections of the book Taming the Tiger, and associated materials, which claim to tell the true story of Tony Anthony's life, do not do so."
For more details see: [...] and [...]

Sad times.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2014
Sadly, this book is a complete pack of lies written by a deluded fraudster. The Evangelical Alliance completed a 6 month investigation and concluded the book is fiction and removed Avanti ministries from it's membership. However, it looks like he's still going around sharing his fake testimony. Amazing to see people are so gullible as to believe it! Very sad