on 30 March 2017
as described and on time
on 13 October 2010
You have the Kindle, you have the manual, you have 72p to spare - do you need this book?

I downloaded the sample and read it. It was well written and I learned something new. I bought the book and read it over a coffee that cost twice the book and I enjoyed them both, but I didn't learn much else. It's much smaller than the manual and it's probably quicker to find what you want as well; but it won't unlock any secret powers.

Download the sample: if you learn three or more thing from that then you'll benefit from the book, if you learn two or fewer, it's probably not for you.
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2011
This book contains a selection of tips and shortcuts from the author's blog "Free Kindle Books plus a Few Other Tips". He makes no secret that he would like you to join his blog and it is mentioned several times. There appears to be some duplication of content between this book and "Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them" by the same author.

That said, it's helpful to find all these tips gathered together, many of which are new although some must surely be common knowledge.

Is it worth its cover price? On balance, yes. Some of the tips could even turn out to be life-savers - for instance do you know how to fix a frozen screen or to do a reboot? I just hoped for a little bit more.
on 11 October 2011
If I could be bothered I would have found out the two or three unknown bits uising a web search. referances his other book as a plug, rambles on when you want to cut to the point in hand. At least it was 89p.
on 20 May 2012
Clearly this is a great book full of useful stuff for Kindle Users, and as a new Kindle user, reading the wisdom of an existing master user seemed a really good idea.

Unfortunately I bought my first kindle only a month ago and it's a Touch, so almost all of this book is inapplicable.
The kindle tips and tricks are for, I guess, old or older models of kindles because they involve pressing loads of buttons on the main or other menus, like on a PC.
I've only got one button on my Touch (main menu), and the buttons you need to execute the tips in the book - like the ALT key - aren't mapped onto the touchscreen keyboard, and that doesn't appear in the main menu!

By all means buy the book if you have the right kindle (or an old one) and I guess you'll find it helpful but if you haven't got one with a PC keyboard then time and modern kindles have passed it by.
My rating of 1-star seems a bit harsh but it reflects the usefulness of the book relative to my kindle.
on 26 October 2012
I purchased this ebook because of the Title - but all it is is an advert for subscribing to his various blogs. A total con!
on 19 March 2012
Having purchased the basic (£89) model I had hoped to extend my use of the Kindle - however this guide appers to be inappropriate for the "basic" model. Am I right or wrong ?
on 28 February 2013
I found this book to be interesting in parts but by the time I had read it I was quite used to my kindle and I didnt really need the information. A lot of it was more applicable to America
on 16 April 2013
Another one of the purchases for my kindle which I've not had time to use yet. Will get round to it one rainy day. . .
on 9 February 2014
this kindle tips tricks and shortcuts is very useful i would recommend this to any one as they would find it useful