Top positive review
Under £2 and two weeks to deliver :)
on 26 April 2017
Took 2 weeks to arrive! I really wasn't wishing to wait until the 10th of May! That said, I cannot believe how small these things are - I was actually a bit concerned it might be too big for the guitar pedal projects I was undertaking but this beast will let me build at least 3 or 4 circuits on it.
Now, let's get down to what the picture doesn't show you (but for £1.74 i couldn't care much):
- The images mainly show two power rails, be advised that the other comments about them being split in the middle is correct, so you could actually have four power rails. I've read a few comments related to this for a while and yet the picture remains inaccurate.
- I've already loaded mine with about 10 components so far, most of them slotted into the holes with little fuss. A couple took a little effort and I bent the resistor a couple of times (standard 1/4w 1Kohm) but it went in.
- "base plate is just breadboard" is one of the most bizarre descriptions I've ever read. Actually, there is NO base save that of the adhesive backing. I peeled the corner back to have a look and you could see the contacts. The adhesive pad is a couple of mm thick so it probably wouldn't enjoy having the terminal of an LED rammed into it too many times.
- The adhesive strip covers the entire base and the power rails do appear to detach (I haven't tried to be honest), so if you do want to remove them, it might be a good idea to take a sharp blade and carefully cut the adhesive. I will try this out myself once I've done my projects.
- The numbers and power lines are badly printed on, mine are inconsistent but readable (and the numbers don't start with the first row of holes, just bear in mind, although all 830 holes are definitely there!)
- The hole pitch is absolutely perfect. However, there's a LOT of play in the holes. After putting 4 LEDs in, they all wiggle about a fair bit. Still, for serious circuit builders who can solder this is a tiny issue. I might wax or glue the holes if I decide to keep it on the board.
You get what you pay for. For the price, I have no complaints really. If you're serious about your electronics, or just have money to blow, there's a 3 pack for a tenner on this site. They do look identical and delivery would be quicker :)
EDIT: A few more holes aren't playing ball (some really uncomfortable levels of force) but I still have enough to work my circuit. I also bought this board from Demarkt, although it names a different company on this page now... ?