on 30 June 2016
Absolute junk - DO NOT waste your money. Surface characters badly printed and the numbers do not align with the sockets. The lettering A to J and the numbering is inverted on both halves of the board. The sockets are not aligned with the connectors inside the board , making wire and component insertion very difficult.
review image
11 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 9 March 2017
Many of the breadboard holes will not accept a component pin. This makes the whole thing a bit more than useless unless you need a paper weight.

After reading one of the other reviews where it was suggested that a paper clip could be used to align the clips behind the holes in the breadboard I gave it a go. Half an hours (mildly uncomfortable) effort and I have a board that mostly works. A couple of holes failed the "other way" and will not hold a component leg but that wastage was small.

I would have happily paid 4 to 5 times the price of this item to get one that worked properly from get go. Perhaps the suppliers might take note of that.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2017
Took 2 weeks to arrive! I really wasn't wishing to wait until the 10th of May! That said, I cannot believe how small these things are - I was actually a bit concerned it might be too big for the guitar pedal projects I was undertaking but this beast will let me build at least 3 or 4 circuits on it.

Now, let's get down to what the picture doesn't show you (but for £1.74 i couldn't care much):
- The images mainly show two power rails, be advised that the other comments about them being split in the middle is correct, so you could actually have four power rails. I've read a few comments related to this for a while and yet the picture remains inaccurate.
- I've already loaded mine with about 10 components so far, most of them slotted into the holes with little fuss. A couple took a little effort and I bent the resistor a couple of times (standard 1/4w 1Kohm) but it went in.
- "base plate is just breadboard" is one of the most bizarre descriptions I've ever read. Actually, there is NO base save that of the adhesive backing. I peeled the corner back to have a look and you could see the contacts. The adhesive pad is a couple of mm thick so it probably wouldn't enjoy having the terminal of an LED rammed into it too many times.
- The adhesive strip covers the entire base and the power rails do appear to detach (I haven't tried to be honest), so if you do want to remove them, it might be a good idea to take a sharp blade and carefully cut the adhesive. I will try this out myself once I've done my projects.
- The numbers and power lines are badly printed on, mine are inconsistent but readable (and the numbers don't start with the first row of holes, just bear in mind, although all 830 holes are definitely there!)
- The hole pitch is absolutely perfect. However, there's a LOT of play in the holes. After putting 4 LEDs in, they all wiggle about a fair bit. Still, for serious circuit builders who can solder this is a tiny issue. I might wax or glue the holes if I decide to keep it on the board.

You get what you pay for. For the price, I have no complaints really. If you're serious about your electronics, or just have money to blow, there's a 3 pack for a tenner on this site. They do look identical and delivery would be quicker :)

EDIT: A few more holes aren't playing ball (some really uncomfortable levels of force) but I still have enough to work my circuit. I also bought this board from Demarkt, although it names a different company on this page now... ?
on 23 April 2014
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and it was good, but I found I needed more space, so I ordered another one from the same listing on amazon.

I have just taken delivery of it and they are not the same board; the colours and fonts on the board are slightly different. They are supposed to slot together side by side, but don't fit properly. Luckily because the connectors on one board seem slightly smaller I can get them to slot together but will need a plate to mount them on or they will fall apart.

Build quality of both boards is fine.
5 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2017
I am reviewing this product, purchased from universal colour. It is a good quality board, easy to insert components and has a sticky back to allow attachment onto a surface. I purchased it for £1.56 so I was happy with what I habe recieved.

It was packaged fairly well in a plastic bag. It was also then packaged in bubble wrap.

I was very pleased by the delivery time, being just under 10 days from China to the UK, during the Christmas period!

So I am pleased, cheap, very quick delivery, sturdy and good build quality, marked for easier building of circuits.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 27 August 2016
You sometimes have to try all sorts of strange angles to get the wires in the holes, often bending the wire from the pressure. However once it's in, there aren't connection issues. Printing quality was fine for me, I guess it's luck of the draw.

I would have bought a higher quality board, but I just can't find any other listings. Cheap and cheerful.
One person found this helpful
on 13 April 2017
Ordered mY second board from this seller on the 1st of May, it arrived on the 10th of May, great service. I had no problems with any of my boards, despite the bad reviews, I would definitely buy more when needed.
One person found this helpful
on 15 January 2018
I was already aware before I bought this that cheaper breadboards suffer from closed up/ misaligned holes. Understanding how breadboards work (ie. go to youtube to see one taken apart) means you can easily correct any misalignment, and the board works fine.

Just be aware that this isn't a perfect breadboard, but at the end of the day a breadboard is some metal and plastic, and the thing functions as needed, modulo having to be aware of misaligned connections.
on 6 March 2018
I bought this to connected to the GPIO header of my Raspberry Pi, unfortunately the design is out by about 2 mm, resulting in the fact that the power rails ('+' & '-') do not line up correctly. Each pin connection should be half way between the main rails. Ok if your not using the Pi header connection, but otherwise.
on 24 February 2018
I bought this thinking it had continuous tracks on each side, but it didn't, so I had to use jumper wires to do that. I have a couple of half sized bread boards, and I could have just joined the 2 together.

See one answered question