on 18 January 2013
good value for money arrived quick. bought now ready for the next xmas ! as i like to be ahead !
on 5 January 2014
Unfortunately these only worked for a day and I had to return them for a refund as I presume they were faulty.
on 22 July 2011
Bit of a cheat on the length but if that isn't what you cared about anyway, these are a great set of lights for the money you pay. Visualise it more as about 50 lights long (cable doubles up) and you'll get the picture.
on 11 May 2011
These lights are actually only HALF THE LENGHT of which is advertised as the cable is doubled over and attached to the socket. In short if you are looking for lights to cover a specific distance and you think this suits, don't buy.
on 27 January 2012
These lights worked great for my indoor tree at Christmas. I wish I knew the length was doubled over, but it worked out nonetheless. All bulbs worked for the month it was up.
on 15 December 2012
The other reviews are absolutely right about the length being half what is advertised (if even that). I only have a 5ft tree right next to a power socket so I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but I struggled for distance. The cable being doubled up also restricts how you arrange the lights. All in all, a bit frustrating. That said, the lights do look good on my tree. If you have a very small tree then these will be fine; otherwise, try elsewhere.
on 8 December 2012
Bought two sets for our 7 ft tree. Absolutely delighted. Great value for money. Have got fed up with fancy lights that need to be adjusted to get "just on". These are simple lights no controls and they do the job. Yes they're doubled over, but you get 100 lights for your tree for less than £10. Spare bulbs as well. Hope they last but bothe sets have started perfectly.
on 31 December 2012
As others have stated, the lights come in a looped configuration so you cant really spread them out as you would a straight cable. We managed to get the loop spread ok round the tree but not really what we were expecting. The lights themselves have a warm colour which matched our other tree lights, but the bulbs are close together so you get a kind of double string effect.
on 31 May 2014
Bit of a case of 'wish I'd read the reviews first.' They are indeed shorter than I thought and immediately stopped working. I realised a bulb had fallen out so replaced it and they worked again. Over the course of the evening other bulbs fell out. Five were sent as extras, which is good, but I have now used them all, and I doubt my lights will last that long! They are extremely fragile and not worth the money. I wish I hadn't bothered to buy them. They were to replace others that I had around the frame of my bed - the previous ones were very long and very sturdy. These ones are also not very bright at all. I expect they'll be in the bin by the end of the week. A shame. I'm sure there are mush better ones on offer.
on 25 December 2012
I bought these thinking they would be sufficient for a tree. However, I had to go out today to buy an extra set as they only cover half the tree and as the end of the cable is too short you are limited to where they end. The other annoying thing is that they don't have the doubled over twisted cable that makes it possible to put the lights over the branch. You can only balance them on a branch so you have no way of attaching them to the tree top. They are also all very close together so not much spread.