Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 December 2012
The size is just right (usually on an outer garment you might be tempted to take a larger size). The length is just right too, I'm glad I didn't go for the standard (shorter) one.

It is very warm when worn with the fleece in but it is quite warm with just the outer shell. The fleece is very warm and looks good on it's own too.

Highly recommended.
on 20 December 2012
The coat came bang on time and was a life saver during a winter visit to Iceland! My only small grips are that I would like it to be a couple of inches longer and, having removed and then re-united the inner fleece with the coat I notice that the collars don't fit together as snugly as they did when I first got it (maybe I'm doing soemthing wrong...)
on 14 March 2013
A very versatile piece of kit with the zip in and zip out fleece liner.
(It's relativelyquick to get the fleece out but a bit slower to put back.

The jacket feels like it will really do the job and is quite smart and not at all bulky feeling.

A good purchase.
on 18 January 2013
great buy as you would expect from berghaus,it is warm keeps out the wind,,and completely waterproof,,,wish i had purchased sooner,,,have several other extreme conditions jackets,but none of them matchs the berghaus,so i am delighted with my buy.
on 20 December 2011
Bought this for my father after his old coat died. I knew Berghaus were a recognised quality brand and so didn't mind paying extra. I have tried the coat on and being 6'4 was expecting the "longer" fitting to fit me better than my 6' dad... it didn't. It is longer than 90% of coats I have tried on, but not that much longer in my opinion. Maybe two inches?

Don't get me wrong, it comes below my waist but doesn't quite cover all my bum. The arms fit me better than any coat I have tried, but my dad's coat is at least a size bigger than I need (maybe two) and that might help cover my orangutan-like arms, one in my size might not fit so well... but I am willing to try in the new year as I am impressed by the quality of my dad's.

The two pockets waist pockets are deep and the chest one is really big (it is supposed to be capable to hold a map). The fleece is nice and has two zip pockets and two interior waist pockets too. The outer shell is very impressive, often 2 in 1 jackets have a thin outer shell, but this seems quite thick and will no doubt be very waterproof due to it being goretex.

Excellent jacket, but longer fit to me should be LONGER.

*edit*
Bought one in my size (this time a XXL) and it does fit me nicely still. It is longer than my other coats, but shorter than my old extra tall coat from a specialist shop. However, for me, this coat is ideal and even the fleece inner fits me nicely which is rare! If you're over 6'4 you might need to try specialist online shops such as Walktall (excellent shop btw) who offer extra tall Colombia coats. Banks is another good shop for big/tall people, good quality but lacking some big brand names due to sizing issues.
on 2 April 2013
Only worn it a few times so far, but it does what is claimed insofar as wind proofing is concerned. The breathability when combined with the fleece is questionable. Still to find out about rain proofness.
on 9 March 2013
extremely pleased with this purchase, exactly what i wanted in a warm comfortable lightweight combined jacket. looks and feels great and a pleasure to wear and it suits my needs good value for the money
on 19 May 2013
I have bought several Berghaus jackets over the years. It does the job but not the quality that there used to be. Warm and waterproof but shapeless. Fixing for one sleeve broke within a week.
on 13 January 2013
Fantastic. The jacket arrived within 3 days and securely packed. As it was a three in one it was really useful abroad as the fleece was used separately when too warm.
on 14 January 2014
Bought as a present over a year ago and it still looks good. It's warm and smart and versatile. Much better quality than some of the other makes.