on 17 October 2010
Being a dyed in the wool Clarkson fan this tome was always going to meet my expectations. Politically incorrect as always and written with true tongue in cheek humour. I would vote for him as President.
on 5 November 2010
I bought this book as my holiday read a couple of weeks ago; I was really looking forward to lying on my sun bed chuckling away to myself. I must say I was slightly disappointed, this is definitely not Clarkson at his best. Not as witty or as sharp as usual, and I thought he had chosen some strange subjects to deride. Saying all that he is still one of my favorite authors, and I agree with 99% of what he says. Looking forward to his next offering.
If you've loved the previous Clarkson column compilation books you'll probably love this.. although, even for a hardnosed fan like me, the law of diminishing returns is starting to appear, with columns not feeling quite so fresh and witty as before.

But please don't buy this on Kindle. It's MASSIVELY overpriced and part of an e-book price fixing scam currently being played out by a number of publishers. It's tough to enjoy a book when you've been utterly ripped off when buying it.
on 29 January 2011
At the time of writing the Kindle Edition is more than double the price of the paperback and more than three times the cheapest new price for the hardcover. So let's see:

No printing costs.
No packing costs.
No distribution costs.
Can't be copied.
Can't be lent.
Can't be re-sold used.

And yet mysteriously over-priced... someone is having their cake and eating it... and having bonus cake.
VINE VOICEon 20 September 2011
The first thing to say about this book is this: if you don't like Clarkson the TV persona, you won't like this book. If you do like Clarkson off the telly, then you will like this book.

The second thing to say is that this book is a collection of articles written for the Sunday Times over the course of 2009. So if you read his column, you've read this book.

Having covered these two points, I'd say that I enjoyed this collection just as much as the three previous volumes. This is the selection from 2009, which means that they are gradually becoming more current. There are quite a few references to Shannon Matthews, David Cameron and Gordon Brown, and provided you haven't been on the moon for the last three years, these articles should relate to events you can remember.

As with the other books, they are great in small doses, as all articles are basically the same length.

Recommended reading for fans of Clarkson, and one to avoid if you are not.
on 18 January 2011
I like JC and have no doubt that this book will be similar to his previous volumes.

But how on earth can the publishers even think they can justify an e-book price so much higher than the paper price. I'll just borrow a copy from my excellent local library.
on 1 January 2015
I've always enjoyed Clarkson's writing and although not quite his best work, the articles from the Sunday Times that make up this book do raise a smile and the odd laugh.

Typically un-PC with the same tongue-in-cheek humour that we've come to expect, fans of Clarkson are bound to enjoy this. Would be nice to see some original writing though.
on 21 January 2015
Being a Clarkson fan (there may not be many) I was not surprised by what I read as he is as straightforward in his columns as he is on Top Gear. Don't feel that you don't have to buy this book just because it is a compilation of his newspaper columns, it's still a good and enjoyable read.
on 10 January 2011
I agree with the previous buyers or would be buyers who own Kindles. This is a total rip off by the publishers. Although it would be convenient on Kindle and I must admit I have bought more books than ever now because of ease and convenience I will wait for the old Car Boot sales to start and buy second hand refusing to buy any from Amazon where the publisher sets the price.
on 23 November 2010
Another fine collection of rants, raves, social comments etc from Jeremy Clarkson. Luckily I don't read the Sunday Times from which these articles are taken so I can enjoy them at my speed. If you are a fan of Clarkson these are for you and you will laugh out loud at times.Even if you are not a fan his comments will get you thinking about the subject matter. An enjoyable bedtime or holiday read.