on 28 April 2011
I got 2 pairs of these free as part of a deal with Panasonic TX-P42GT20B 42-inch Widescreen 3D Plasma TV  and it was a big part of why I chose to get the package from Amazon. Although I was also convinced by a report in "Which" which recommended Panasonic plasmas as the best way of avoiding the "crosstalk" that LCD TVs get with 3D.

It does seem ridiculous to be fussing about with batteries, so rechargeable is the only way to go and I like the way these just plug into the side of the TV and you can leave them to charge any time you have the TV on.

I was impressed with the hard case, which keeps the glasses dust free and has space in the middle for the charging lead, so you don't lose it. I tend to leave the glasses just behind the TV on its stand, so the case is an integral part of keeping them useable.

I have tried these with several 3D Blu Ray films and the quality is excellent - in Ocean Wonderland - (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) things were swimming towards you and seemed to float in the room. Detail was incredible and the glasses performed very well.

I have subsequently used them with my PS3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3) where the experience of gaming is incredibly immersive in the glasses - you really feel like you are hurtling through a ruined city. Playing games, mean you are going to be using the glasses for extended periods of time and they do feel comfortable to me - light and with a slight sideways pressure.

They sit on your nose and I think it's important to get the right size - but these were ideal for me - although I think children are going to be problematic. However - the main thing is how these perform and I have been incredibly impressed with both the 3D effect and the quality/resolution of images. I think you get the best effect in a darkened room - cinema-style - and strong light sources can be distracting if they are in your eyeline.

At the moment though I am convinced that Panasonic have got this right and with a plasma screen this is the best affordable 3D you can get!
on 16 April 2011
I never owned a Panasonic 2010 model TV so I wouldn't know if the previous 3D glasses were bad or not but they did look cool in my opinion.
Anyway I bought these as Panasonic don't ship any glasses with the Panasonic GT30 Plasma TV. Played some 3D demos on PS3 and they were good, no crosstalk, no ghosting or any other issues.

They come with a USB and a nice case which probably pushes the price up and they seem better build quality than Samsung, Sony, LG etc glasses.
They are light and pretty comfy and wearable over prescription glasses for long periods of time.
on 11 July 2011
I purchased the glasses with a 3D tv and am very pleased with the viewing, glasses are comfortable,very easy to
recharge, but are far to expensive, I think that Panasonic have forgotten that families watch tv?.
At the present cost it would be in the region of £500 for glasses for a family of two adults and two children.
on 6 March 2011
My other half had trouble wearing the supplied 3d battery glasses as they were very uncomfortable and gave distracvting light through the open sides and I purchased these rechargeable one's for her certainly a 100% improvement on the ones supplied with the tv. I spoke to Panasonic at the time of purchase and they said Tough!.. thats what you get from a big company and would not even discuss an upgrade. Still we like the r/c glasses
on 13 June 2011
A good product, clear precise viewing quality, needs to be used away from daylight, otherwise a slight flicker effect is experienced. Panasonic know about top technology.
on 30 November 2010
Great product and very comfy to wear. As this was the first time I had worn 3D glasses, I must admit I was rather hesitant about wearing them - no need to have been, they are just great and with a fast delivery, everything is super. Would recommend these, especially with being rechargeable glasses.
on 15 September 2011
got the glasses from amazon. after reading a few reviews first. if you already have glasses these will go strait over the ones you have. ok for adults also my kids tried them age 4 - 5 - and 11 and they had no bother but a medium size would be better after a few hours of use the eyes are ready for a rest. just wish they was a little cheaper never mind
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse