Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Zara Larsson Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: Manual Peeler Double Pack|Colour: Multi-Coloured|Change
Price:£7.60+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 8 November 2008
When I saw this advertised I knew I just had to have one! I have painful joints and peeling potatoes is out nowadays so have lived on frozen ones and they are nothing like to real thing.
This product is good, my only criticism is its a bit chunky but otherwise works well, peels potatoes effortlessly, doesn't squash tomatoes, the next test will be swede.
This came with 4 top brand batteries and was up and running strait away.
on 21 May 2013
This is an edited updated version of my recent Zyliss green vegetable peeler review.

I recently purchased the above lime green vegetable version then saw this offer for the pair sold together.

Whereas I'd previously deducted one star because the handle is a little too large & awkwardly shaped for small hands (my daughter of 12 had some problems with use) I've revised my feelings since it seems the larger oval shaped handle is somewhat safer and apparently suits arthritic fingers better. My only minor grouse is that the handle would benefit from a rubberised / non-slip surface.

Both peelers are excellent, attacking all kinds of veg and fruit with ease. The green veg version also shaves cheese strips effortlessly and the red one boasts a serrated edge blade for tackling both soft and hard fruit skin.

They contain a good sharp steel 'gouging' tip for removal of bad bits. The swivelling cutting blade is quite well forged compared with certain other peelers and I imagine is less likely to bend or snap. Protective plastic blade shielding snap-ons were also included.

The products are attractive, efficient and well made.

Purchased at £5.00 including delivery this offer is highly recommended, representing great value.

Unless you have tiny Pinocchio hands it's a sure-fire winner in the peeling stakes. Lol.
on 19 February 2009
I bought this product just before Christmas as I knew I would have lots of potatoes and vegetables to prepare.

I tried it on a potatoe and on a carrot and put it down in disgust as frankly I could peel both quicker with a manual peeler.

If you like your gadgets noisy, cumbersome and slow, then this is for you. However, if like me you are a busy person with little time to waste I suggest you give this a miss.

Alternatively, if your hubby needs a little coercion to do his chores .....
on 25 October 2013
The fruit peeler is really good - effective especially with soft fruit e.g nectarines. The blade is serrated and works well. The green potato peeler works well most of the time, however, it does tend to flip over. It's effective once once gets the blade to function at the correct angle. Bought these at a good price.
on 7 December 2013
My sister gave me a peeler that just outclassed any I had ever had, and suitable for left and right hand use. Wished I could get another, checked the handle and realised it was a zyliss, so I ordered this pair. They are even better than the one I had, sharp, peel thinly, great gouging end for potato eyes or blemishes. Very pleased, Just in time, because I've lost the original one I had (I think I tend to throw them out with the peels). So pleased with this pair I am ordering more, you can't have enough peelers to hand, I say. strongly recommend. Handle might feel strange at first if you are used to something thinner, but it well designed and soon comes to feel great, great grip for weak or sore hands too.
on 12 April 2009
This may be a useful addition to the kitchen if you have arthritis or similar making it hard to use a manual peeler. Even then, it was relatively heavy with the batteries. Otherwise, a manual peeler is far quicker and more effective than this useless article which I sent back for refund.
on 28 April 2009
THIS IS THE MOST USELESS ITEM I'VE EVER BOUGHT. AT BEST IT MATCHES THE PERFORMANCE OF THE WORST MANUAL PEELER I'VE EVER OWNED. IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR LESS THAN 2.50 IT's ONLY WORTH IT FOR THE DURACELLS THAT ARE INCLUDED. OTHERWISE DON'T BOTHER.
on 20 November 2012
Both of these peelers are great and really easy to use, but the soft fruit one has amazed me...I can now easily peel a tomato and a peach! I'm constantly peeling fruit and veg for my baby son, so these peelers have saved me so much time and hassle! Definitely recommend.
on 11 February 2009
This peeler is very easy to handle and it does what it is supposed to do we are delighted with it
on 25 September 2013
I have the red, serated peeler and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever owned. It peels with ease and the serated edge leaves small grooves in the veg which make it much easier to cut with a knife (as the knife doesn't slip but grips in the grooves). Has been in dishwasher numerous times without problems. Highly recommended.

See one answered question

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling