Colour Name: Natural|Change

on 9 August 2009
My Life Story is an enormous diary (it weighs a ton!) which you fill in throughout your life. I have seen this product described as a 100 year diary on other websites. At the beginning there are sections you fill in about yourself and then there are a few pages to fill in each year with your memorable moments and photos etc. This is a solid book with nice thick paper. I think this would make a lovely gift for a new baby.
on 3 February 2011
I recently bought two of these diaries: this one and one with a cream-coloured cover.

This black diary is smaller than advertised: this site says its 68mm thick, it's actually only 57mm. I know it sounds petty, but considering the sheer size of the diary is its big selling point: it's over a centimetre thinner than was advertised.

Also, the binding is a bit weak, when I got it out of the box for the first time, the cover is slipping about and has come loose from it's glue, I wouldn't lift the book up by it's cover - it'd probably rip! I'm not sure if it's going to last 100 years!

Also the pages stick together at the edges: probably because of the way the pages have been treated with the black trimming, and the paint has dried sticking the edges all together. I had to go through all 1000 pages carefully pulling them apart trying not to rip them!

Obviously bear in mind that everything I write here is based on the one diary I own: perhaps I just happened to get a poorly made copy!

It's a shame because the cream edition has none of these problems: the cream edition is 68mm thick, it's binding is very strong and the pages didn't stick together. Unless you are dead set on getting a black diary, I would strongly recommend you bought the cream edition!
on 6 January 2012
I was really pleased with this product, I'd seen it before and had thought what a fantastic idea it is (and anticipated buying one or two in the future for any children I may have). I ordered one for my boyfriend's 21st birthday that is coming up to fill out for him up to now and for him to continue! I'm very excited to give it to him!
on 13 December 2012
I purchased this for the first birthday present of my great niece. I'm really pleased with it as the book will enable her to write about her life - in an electronic age, this can be no bad thing to leave a written record. It can include the highlights and lowlights she experiences and room to save all those little paper items such as tickets and notes, which mean so much personally but over the years get lost or damaged. Great idea and I hope my niece will enjoy it
on 18 June 2012
this lovely gift is a gift that keeps on living, so much space to write down your up's and down's of life, your life, writtern down in your own words for others to read in later years.
on 27 May 2015
My daughter received one for her Christening and it's great, which I have purchsed a few now as gifts. It goes into a lot of detail with pages to write, date, draw on, add photos, it has a small world map, a body where you can add marks, tattoos, piercings, all about school, work, special people, 50 things bucket list, it even has a page to request what you wish for when you die. Very detailed. I got this in natural not black.
on 8 August 2014
Ordered this after looking for a long time for a recipe book. The book is great. The paper is good quality and there are alot of pages for recipies. Going to spend a long time filling it then pass it on to the future bakers in the family
on 17 April 2014
Huge amount of pages, nicely laid out. Only thing I would add is an indexing on the side, to divide kinds of recipes. Great value for money. Arrived quickly to ITALY
on 2 February 2014
Love this book and the life journal. Lovely memento to fill out. Looking forward to recording my recipes for my children
on 10 January 2015
Loving this book.

I've been sitting with my mother for the past two months writing all the recipes she knows into this wonderful book: giving me a fantastic opportunity to learn and connect with my mother.

Incredible what a simple little recipe book can do!