TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 October 2011
In colour and with orchestral music - does it get any better? I had forgotten quite how well tanned everyone on US TV was in those days but Kimble/Janssen's smile is still the same, at least when it seems the whole world is not against him.

Even in Season 4 Volume 1, Kimble has frequent close encounters with both Gerard and the One Armed Man - as you would anticipate, always too close for comfort! Brilliant watching!

The icing on the cake would be if Seasons 2-4 were Region 2 encoded, rather than Region 1, which these are - buyer beware, you will need a player that can play US Region 1 and an NTSC compatible TV. Worth buying such a machine for no other reason than to watch every episode ever made of the David Janssen's 'The Fugitive'.
on 26 December 2010
My title for this review has nothing to do with the very fine quality of this first volume of the final series of The Fugitive, nor of any of the previous series. It's to do with the music and picture combined. I believe the Peter Rugolo score for the original production was a very fine score indeed, reflecting in its judicious use of his carefully composed themes the emotion of the visual at all levels. Picture and score are intertwined when the composer and director collaborate as they did for the original production. The issue I have with the 2nd, 3rd and now 4th series of this remarkable production is that new music has been overlaid, to the detriment of the original, I believe. Whilst the picture is very fine and each episode has been re-mastered extremely well, visually, I'm saddened that the music is not the original Peter Rugolo score for the entire production. If the studio which put together this re-mastering of The Fugitive could explain why this has happened, I'd be most grateful to hear.
VINE VOICEon 2 September 2011
The previous reviewer comments on the music being changed for this issue. He is incorrect, the music was changed for Series 2 but because of protests the company reissued the series with the original music soundtrack - they even replaced my set, even though I was outside of the USA -they did not make the same mistake on subsequent series - they are as they were shown originally. Great quality remastering of the image and sound.
on 26 April 2014
I LIKE THIS SERIES VERY MUCH SINCE WATCHING THE TV CHANNEL BACK IN THE 6OS, DAVID JANSEN FITS THE PART VERY WELL AND A VERY COOL ACTOR , I CANT GIVE ANY OPINION OF THE PRINT AS YET I HAVE NOT WATCHED IT, BUT I KNOW I WILL ENJOY IT WHEN I DO ITS THE BEST TV SERIES I HAVE EVER SEEN . SOON AS HAVE WATCHED IT WILL SEND ANOTHER REVIEW .
on 28 February 2014
I loved this as a kid & I'm enjoying it as much now as I did then. To me the best tv series ever made.
on 6 November 2014
Enjoyed these DVD's ... great evenings viewing = watched one after the other!
on 15 May 2015
My step-dad loves all of the old TV Series.
on 9 October 2015
it,s even better in colour
on 22 October 2015
Very glad with this item.
on 7 December 2015