on 4 October 2014
I've had a few "consumer" type printers in the past with varying results in terms of quality of build and output. However the Brother.. robust as a battle ship and the saturation of colours printed is perfect. Duplex printing is the icing of cake. One tiny negative is that thicker paper is slightly curled on print but not enough of a negative to drop any stars. You need a printer that delivers way past its low price point?

This is it.
on 26 June 2014
I had an earlier version of this printer, and decided that I needed something that would save me time when printing on both sides. This certainly fitted the bill! It is compact, and has all the various means of linking to the PC, whether by USB, RJ45 or Wireless.
The setup was comparatively easy, with the necessary software being able to identify it according to whether RJ45 or Wireless.
I have no hesitation in recommending this.
on 12 February 2015
Best damn printer I have ever used, and I have used many in over twenty years.
The software with this printer is very responsive and the printer works with out the usual messing with opther printers I have used previously.
on 23 November 2013
First of all I never usually can be bothered leaving reviews here but felt I had to. When the printer arrived I noticed it had been shipped from Germany, which isn't a problem as electronics tend to come from all over the place. The problem was the German instruction manual and the European power lead (with travel adaptor included).
After several emails to the seller I was sent a link to the Brother website for the 90 page PDF instruction manual (although this didn't include the installation instructions). Fortunately I'm quite internet savvy and after searching online I found the English installation instructions from the Brother website. Finally the included driver CD didn't work with an updated Mac so a phone call to Brother was needed too, to find the correct driver for a Mac. The whole process took a couple of hours of my time. My gripe isn't with the printer as it seems to work fine although the more switched on reader will notice that you can't print out a 90 page instruction manual unless the printer is connected, but I'm more annoyed with the supplier who just left me to it. Had the printer not been so bulky it would have gone back to the post office. The German manual and German installation instruction have gone in the bin. At least I have a european travel adaptor should I want to buy more european equipment and use them in the UK.
on 3 September 2013
Installed easily and does it job nicely. No problem with Linux interoperability.
The low price comes at the cost of rather highly priced toner cartridges, but
for my usage pattern in my home office this is not a real issue.
on 25 January 2013
Had the previous printer to this one and after about 6 years it stopped working correctly, needed a new drum set but for the price this one was being offered at, I treated myself to a new one. first rate machine, am pleased with it
on 16 August 2013
The printer arrived and was easy to set up, although not as easy as my previous HP printer. It also appeared to have deinstalled it's own drivers when I turned everything off to go on holiday, meaning I had to reinstall it. No biggy, it was just a bit odd. Print quality is great, speed great, colour great. I good, inexpensive colour laser printer which meets all my needs.
on 3 April 2014
A bulky and heavy bit of kit. Noisy in operation and emits an annoying buzz on standby before eventually going into sleep mode. Rather slow to warm up before first copy produced. All minor quibbles! Its a great product at an excellent price with good print quality and low running costs.
on 28 January 2013
Having had my 12 year old Brother Laser printer finally give up, I explored different options and settled on this. It is used in a small office situation and has worked well to date. Hopefully it will last as long as my previous one.
on 18 March 2015
I've had this printer for almost two years and it is just brilliant printer.
My wife is a teacher, prints a lot of kids stuff, both BW and colour, and I would never ever come back to ink - overall we spent so much more money on ink, than on this printer and toners.