on 6 January 2013
I'd surgery on my right arm which left it weak and I found turning the car in our cul-de-sac difficult. I'd heard about driving aids and contacted my local mobility centre to enquire about the cost. I needed something to help me turn the car using all the strength in my left arm only. I nearly choked at the very expensive price quoted!! I was delighted to find this one on amazon for a fraction of the cost. Some words of advice, When fitting, ensure your steering wheel is not turned/facing any direction. Position the car straight with the wheel central. My brother fitted mine for me when the car was parked outside the house, I never thought about the steering wheel until I got into drive and the assister ended up digging into my thigh! A few bruises later it was changed! Is not the most sturdiest little thing, but I only have a Fiat Punto and it was fit for purpose for me.
on 28 December 2012
Since fitting this item to my car, I wonder how I ever drove without one!
It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've got the hang of it, you'll find it great for reversing, cornering etc.
It also takes away the ache you sometimes get on those long drives.

The collar, which goes round the steering wheel is made of metal. There is a metal nut and bolt which fits through the 2 x half circles to tighten the collar to the steering wheel. There is also a flexible inner rubber collar, which fits between the wheel and the inside of the collar. I have been really pleased with mine which I fitted for some years ago. I do not have a particular need for a ball/knob other than I find it helps with cornering, and makes driving easier. Hope this helps you in your decisions?
on 21 December 2013
This was great for an elderly friend that had weak arms. It helped extend his driving pleasure by some months, sadly he has now passed away but he was able to drive until the end due in part to this assister.
on 15 December 2012
recieved this item in quick timing, bought it for my husband as his had broke and as he only has one arm its a must, i did find the thread a bit shorter than his old wheel but once it was placed it tightened up fine,my hubby doesnt think its flexible enough for his use though but it does the job, would recomend if replacing an old one you check the length of the thread for you steering wheel.
on 3 February 2015
This item is a perfect thing for people like myself who suffer with rheumatoid arthirits , and other conditions like having had shoulder surgery, and are a regular driver, who has to use his/her vehicle for getting about on a regular basis, it is easy to install or have fitted , and makes light work of the steering wheel to turn in both directions, it might need a bit getting used to for some people, but for me its a Gods gift, and I use it all the time.
on 30 April 2016
I am a truck driver and was having a few problems with my hands, I have found this steering knob greatly assists me turning the wheel. I changed the underside nut for a Butterfly nut as I share the waggon with another driver and so have to remove the knob every day but this only takes a couple of seconds and is no great hassle. It doesn't feel like the most robust piece of equipment but so far seems to be up to the job.
on 8 March 2011
Having occasionally seen other vans with steering wheel knob/assister I thought I try it out with my motorhome,especially as I'm still a bit stiff recovering from a broken clavicle. I found the assister relaxing to use on long drives and a great way to manoeuvre in tight spaces. Best few quid I've spent.
on 27 January 2016
When I put this on the steering wheel it just slipped round at the slightest pressure. These cheap models aren't up to the job, I had to spend a lot more money and get a really solidly made ball from a disability shop which is a joy to use.
on 26 August 2015
Unfortunately this had proved to be unsuitable, I've given it a three as it not the quality that's an issue, I do think it's too bulky but it may be suitable for someone else. So, it's back to the drawing board.
on 23 March 2015
Just had a carpal tunnel op and this is a godsend. (Together with automatic transmission) it has taken the strain out of getting about. Seems really good quality for the price. Take care to ensure you are far enough away from the steering wheel to avoid the protruding square (hinge) edge catching clothing. I positioned mine at between 9 and 10 o'clock to maximise use with right hand.