1,106

on 7 August 2014
Bought this to replace Ramsey the Nightmare Goat. Works much better. Baby doesn't wake up screaming with terror anymore.
33 comments| 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2015
This has been nicknamed 'Ewan the GOD SHEEP' it's better than me at soothing my little girl, which is just rude in all honesty. So I both hate and love this fluffy little cretin
on 14 October 2014
When you don't have children of your own its hard trying to buy a present that will be both appropriate and appreciated. My best friend's daughter gave birth in June this year and I bought them each a Ewan the Sheep for their baby girls. I can report that Ewan is a real hit with both babies and their parents.
on 11 June 2016
This is a brilliant idea for a 'new born'. My grandchildren loved these. It does help to settle very young babies. Only problem is they become quite matted and you can't put them in the washing machine.
on 15 February 2015
Initially i thought I had wasted my money buying this as it didn't work for my lo as a newborn. Fast forward 6 months I tried it again amd after using every night for a week he made the assosiation with sleep and it worked a treat. Still using now at 15 months 👍
on 22 July 2016
I wish I had shares in Sweet Dreamers, the amount of people who have bought it as a result of my raving is ridiculous! They are also a great company which really looks after its customers long after you have made the purchase. The good news is they have new grey Ewans and other animals so if you have more than one child there is no confusion as to who owns whom! I miss Ewan being in our room, he always helped me get back off to sleep after doing a night time feed. Can't speak more highly of this product. Please note, Ewan does tend to 'lose' a leg over time with use. There are a lot of them on ebay, we call them 3 legged Ewans. I would recommend you buy him brand new so you can start with 4 legs. ;-)
on 22 September 2014
Dreadful battery life...come on whoever designed the circuit, one red LED and a little sound can't possibly be this battery hungry....BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT EWAN RULES! He radiates womb-like sounds at a button-push and visibly calms the little fella when it's time for bed. Just great and cute too!
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2016
since my nephew decided his old ewan sheep needed a bath i had to get replacement as he always has his ewan and wont sleep without it and i must say the new ewan is lovely and fluffy great sounds with the different options and easy press buttons if anything happens to this one ill definitely buy again
on 28 May 2015
My youngest daughter has been using Ewan the Dream Sheep for 2 years since we bought one in Kiddicare when I was still pregnant, and he is my "must-buy" item for new mums and dads. He truly is a miracle worker with Lydia, and he is now firmly her favourite "special" toy. She cuddles up to his super soft body whenever she is tired, upset, or hurt, and can't fall asleep without Ewan and his harp music. As soon as she was old enough to work the leg clickers herself, she would activate him when she stirred in the night, and fall back to asleep herself without anyone having to get up with her.

The battery life is respectable, if you buy decent batteries, and we learnt over a year ago to make sure we keep spare batteries in stock for those rare times when he does need a change of power source! The red glow is very soothing and the velcro tail is really handy for attaching to his cot. I've recommended Ewan to loads of people; my nephew has one and loves his, too.
review image
on 9 April 2011
I bought Ewan after a friend of mine was raving on and on to get one! I resisted until she bought hers round and I felt how soft and well made he was - you don't really get well made things these days! His sounds are very clear and well projected.

I have a son and a baby (on the way) so when Ewan arrived, I let my son open him as a present to give the new baby from him. My son is autistic and has sensory issues. Once he opened Ewan, he immediately fell in love and begged to keep him. I didn't want to encourage this as it was taking away from the new baby but we made a deal that he could sleep with it until the baby arrived.

At night, my son would grind his teeth very loudly and there was nothing I could do. That night, he was asleep within seconds (but I admit, he does love his sleep anyway) and there was no grinding of teeth. He had also been shouting things out in his sleep (overloaded brain from school) and this had compltely stopped dead from that very night. I felt a sense of relief and free from the worry about his teeth and hearing his yells, I actually cried.

I bought another Ewan for the baby but he is still not here. Right now, i'm happy enough to see my boy comforted with his arm around the fleecey Ewan, smiling. I couldn't be more happier with my purchase!