Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). See all 29 reviews
on 25 November 2010
Just like his Queen 'Symphony' this is boring background music. I'm glad he did not butcher any early genesis as that would have been even worse. This deserves 0 stars. There's not a single original idea here. There is good modern classical music around, but this is not it.
on 4 January 2011
Words cannot adequately describe the contempt I fee for this recording ...

I cannot begin to image how anyone who listened to Genesis thought this travesty was inspired by Genesis.

The first track seems to be a straight rip off of an Adiemus track (only not so good) and bears little relation other then the title of the track to Genesis.

Most of the rest of the album (I nearly got to the end before I had to go and hit something) was interminably slow arrangements of vague echoes of tunes - just with all the rhythm and character completely removed.

I liked some of Tolga Kahif's earlier work but I won't be buying any more and I wish I had heeded the warnings of the other 1 star reviews.

Make sure you listen to the samples before buying and just cross out the word Genesis from the album title.
on 8 January 2011
If Genesis were good at anything it was the self-control they exercised over their romantic tendencies.

This is quite the opposite, a blurry, tearful mess of harmonies so sickly-sweet you feel like your gums are glued together.

Anyone who buys this really does not get the elegance and efficiency of the original Genesis arrangements.
on 2 February 2013
What a great idea, but what a travesty resulted!!
Please listen to the samples before buying, and if you're still determined to have your favourite Genesis tracks converted into dull lift music, well then buy it!
on 22 October 2010
In my opinion probably the worst album I've heard.

I dont think an orchestral choir singing Genesis Tunes works at all!!

I note none of the classic stuff made it on to this album (thank god), maybe Mr Gabriel had the sense to stop his contribution being massacred.

To be honest I thought the album was a 45rpm single playing at 33 1/3 most of the time.

Anyone who scores this piece of rubbish more than zero can't be a Genesis or classical music fan or is it case of emperor clothes!!!
66 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse