on 21 March 2011
much easier to use, but does NOT work in conditioner section. I put required quantity in one of those plastic balls in the machine drum and then put it on a "RINSE" cycle , works wonderfully
I had previously been using Dylon liquid starch, which I had been buying at the supermarket. None of the shops or supermarkets in our area stock it any more, so I decided to look on here and found that I could by a gallon of this liquid starch for the same price as a couple of pint-bottles of other brands.

First impressions... its yellow colour is a bit concerning, as it's to be used in the final rinse of whites, however my whites are currently staying white, so it seems OK on that front. I also can't detect any kind of perfume or smell in this solution, which again suits me much better.

Quantity to use and performance... I think it's generally good stuff and remarkably cheap to use. I use the same quantity as I used of my old Dylon stuff. I mix it 50/50 with water and put it in the "fabric softener" compartment in my washing machine. I have to mix it with water because it's too thick and gloopy. It just clogs-up the compartment if I use it neat. An alternative might be to stop the washing machine when it reaches its rinse cycle, and just chuck a capful or two straight into the drum and re-start (or just run an extra rinse and put this in before you press "go").

The ease of use is great. Little mixing and messing around, just bung it in your final rinse. Ironing your stuff when it's almost dry "sets" the starch and makes it extra firm, but if you're lazy like me you can just dry things on a radiator and it has a satisfactory effect.
on 30 September 2012
Arrived within 2 days was amazed at delivery speed. This product is a god send I have searched the shops for years and could only find a very expensive alternative. Really good value for money and does an excellent job. Bought for starching my bedding - now I've got hotel crisp bedding that I love.
on 22 August 2013
Doesn't work in final rinse dear so have to stop machine before final rinse and add.
Not as effective as kershaw s powder starch which gives a much crisper finish
on 18 June 2014
White shirts don’t keep that fresh look or feel for very long when you work 12-hour shifts in the security industry. Having got fed up of not being able to get Dylons in-wash version at a reasonable price, I found previous reviews for this good enough to tempt me.

Well I was not disappointed. Not only does it work out at a quarter of the price of Dylon, it left my shirts feeling crisp and new.

Like other users I’ve opted not to put the solution into the conditioner section of the draw as the solution is quite thick. Instead, I use a small jar, (appropriately marked in 25ml sections with an indelible marker) to which I then add cold water and shake to mix. I add this through the draw to an additional “Conditioner” cycle once the main wash has finished and, to avoid over-creasing, use a reduced spin option.

Excellent Results and a real winner for anyone that wants that fresh starched feel from their laundry.
on 14 November 2013
Saves me hauling and remembering to collect at supermarket for one thing.......five litres ready and waiting when I need it and it performs better than the other brand I used to buy....will continue to buy this product on-line ...love it !!
on 1 May 2014
Found it easy to use in my top loading machine. I'm very very happy with wonderful results. Will buy again!
on 9 February 2013
I use the starch in school for pse
lessons and it works well, was using dylon product but had difficulty getting it. arrived promptly and will buy again
on 5 August 2015
Have only used this product once. It will take time to see what concentration of starch works best for me. When I used the dose advised, I did not notice much effect. Next time, I'll use more starch.
on 2 April 2014
Always starch my sheets, this works in the conditioner compartment of wash machine . Will need to clean soap dispenser after use though .I will keep buying sheets have to be pristine!