on 7 October 2013
If you have not seen this show then you need to pick it up immediately because it is one of the funniest shows to ever be made. Kudos to David Mitchell and Robert Webb for making such an amazing series.
on 29 September 2016
One of the better sketch shows I have seen since A Bit of Fry & Laurie, ok some of the sketches are a bit hit and miss but to be fair that is normal all sketch shows are like that you cannot expect them to hit it on the head every time but this duo keep the pace up and you will be sure not to be bored, I am going to be honest though the only reason this show is one of the best is the performances by Robert Webb any one else paired with David Mitchell and I don't think the show would work as well it is due to Robert Webb that this duo is successful be it this series or from series one and anything they do together as a solo artist David Michell falls flat he is ok on panel shows anything else I wouldn't give him house room.
on 1 November 2010
I have Series 1, 2 and 3 and have watched them so many times I've lost count.
Even after seeing them again and again I still get great enjoyment from them. So I eagerly awaited the release of Series 4.
What a disappointment. I watched the first episode without a single laugh, thinking this must be just one bad episode, I sat through the entire DVD and it wasn't just one bad episode, the whole DVD is absolutely appalling. I can't begin to explain why, but the whole series is not even mildly funny ... I hated it from beginning to end.
Sorry guys but I can't even give this 1 star for effort as clearly no effort was made in producing this DVD. Unfortunately this site doesn't allow me to put zero stars so I have hugely inflated my review and given it 1 star.
55 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 November 2010
They're usually so good, but this set of sketches is certainly the weakest of the four series. A handful of neat skits, but in the main, lots of variations of old M&W themes, without the generous quota of hilarious moments offered throughout series 1 - 3.
HALL OF FAMETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 November 2011
Mitchell and Webb have to be one of my favourite comedy partnerships of recent years. While poking fun at the seemingly mundane in life, the extraordinary things we all seem able to accept and occasionally going off on flights of hilarious fantasy, they're never afraid to give the inner geek free reign.

Also starring Olivia Coleman and James Bachman in a bewildering array of characters, this is a well written sketch show, and while there is the odd dud most of the sketches hit rather than miss, and the short quickfire nature means there are plenty of laughs in each episode.

All six episodes are collected here onto 1 DVD. Series 4 of the Mitchell and Webb sound repeats a large proportion of the sketches, but there is enough material unique to radio or TV to make it worth owning both.

5 Stars.
on 24 April 2012
To me the seasons 1-3 of That Mitchell and Webb Look offered the best sketch comedy in recent years. The show managed to be laughably funny in a traditional way, yet innovative and modern. Season 4, the last to date, is very different. It still has plenty of sci-fi, fantasy and historical themes, but the overall tone is even more surreal in a slightly darker way. It is also much less funny.
Dark, surrealist tones in comedy are often associated with high intelligence. This isn't always true. In fact the earlier seasons of Mitchell and Webb Look (& Situation) were more light hearted AND appeared more intelligent. The combination of darker tones and fewer fresh ideas gives all the six episodes a tired and depressed feel. At times the episodes even feel difficult to sit through. However, both Mitchell and Webb are still good comedians and there are some laughs, so one star material this is not.
on 28 September 2016
My son and I loved the first three Series of The Mitchell and Webb Look and have laughed our way through all three sets several times. I was excited to finally get my hands on Series 4. I was so disappointed. The quality of the comedy is poor, hardly anything get a laugh, it is mainly familiar characters in long, unfunny, pointless and obvious sketches.

I actually wish I hadn't watched it, as it has sort of tarnished the concept for me.
on 8 October 2010
For any sketch comedy, four series is something of a milestone: even Little Britain only made it to three (unless you count the USA series). So for That Mitchell and Webb Look to have made it this far is one thing, but for it to still be original and funny is something else. True, there aren't quite as many laugh-out-loud moments here as there were in series one, but that's natural. There's much to enjoy here, such as the Prayer & a Pint sketches, the Quiz Broadcast (yes, they're back and they're still funny), Ted and Peter (ditto) in Late Night Dog Poker, the Inebriati sketch and the Didldidi adverts. My only criticisms are that perhaps the Get Me Hennimore! Christmas sketches weren't really necessary; and the final Sherlock Holmes sketch is a weirdly poignant ending to the series. Other than that, this is a really entertaining series of That Mitchell and Webb Look.
on 5 November 2010
Well, I've considered myself a huge Mitchell and Webb fan. So far.

This series is just BORING, BORING, BORING.
I've watched all the previous series several times and they were really, really great. So I was hugely disappointed when I watched the 4th series on telly, but I still bought the DVD and gave it another chance. IT WAS A MISTAKE.

The only reason why I didn't mind giving 1 star is "The Gift Shop Scetch", which is mildly amusing. But otherwise NOT A SINGLE LAUGH.
There is nothing funny about the "Prayer and the Pint" or "The Quiz Broadcast" and I cannot imagine how the "Get Me Hennimore!" scetches made the edit...
The very last Sherlock Holmes scene is LITERALLY painful to watch...

BORING, BORING, BORING.
Don't waste your money on this.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 November 2015
Great series. Got this as a present for my husband, and he loves it!