Format: DVD|Change

on 19 March 2017
one word loved it shows all walk of life people can bbe gay or what ever you might think could be the oppisite
on 23 September 2014
great !
Initially I liked Fit a bit less than Kick-Off, also by Rikki Beadle-Blair, but on watching it again it strikes me as immensely enjoyable because so much of it conveys the same sense of fun as that other film, while it has a more serious purpose in having an educational remit. It covers this very well. Of course it is not entirely realistic, but to be so would surely not be entertaining and this is a good route to go to make people think - probably more effective than something serious and unpleasant, in fact. The cast are uniformly wonderful and the whole thing is suffused with such warmth that it is a pleasure to sit through - criticisms about the age of the actors seem beside the point, because they are real actors and some of the setups would not work as well without that slight distance they have from the material. It is a very impressive thing to pull off, and is surely a great resource in the ongoing battle against homophobic bullying in schools.
on 28 January 2012
I don't know why the summary and the reviews keep comparing this film to Glee, it is nothing of the kind! I love Glee, and I love this film and they are both entirely different.

After watching this film in my Sex Education Year 9 class last year, I am pleased to say it left a lasting impression, for all the right reasons.

It showed how stereotypes affect people in the community, and how hard it is for some people to find acceptance, in their families, with their friends, even at school. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.

The film gave a serious message yet was still able to have many laughable moments throughout. I particularly enjoyed how a single dance could bring a drama club together no matter who they were and who they loved.

All in all, if it can make the homophobic 14 year old boys in my class change their opinion of people and learn not to be so judgemental in the future then I believe it has served it's purpose!

Really good film! Worth the buy.
on 18 October 2014
Cute, funny and brilliant. Rikki Beadle -Blair is a Genius.....
on 4 December 2010
FIT is a joint collaboration between numerous agencies and key figures(most notably, Rikki Beadle-Blair and Stonewall) who are campaigning for school children to understand more about same-sex relationships and homophobic bullying. As a teacher, I find this resource to be excellent - information is presented factually and in a balanced way, the story of FIT appeals to all children of secondary school age and could be used extremely effectively to help staff understand more about dealing with incidents of homophobic bullying.

As a primary practitioner, I cannot wait for a similar DVD to be made that is suitable for my primary aged pupiils.

A really fantastic resource :)
on 8 February 2011
...rhythmically.
A sum of very interesting characters who brake stereotypes as reveal themselves with bravery and style.
This is both a truly great film (as a film) and a powerful piece of education also (as it was created as such)
Placed in London, with the accents and all, it inspired me to like both myself and my world more
on 4 December 2010
I'm not sure what evidence the last reviewer had about the films appeal to the target audience, but I can assure you that, having had the pleasure of watching the film with many young people - aged 13-16, I can tell you that they've been totally engrossed with the film and found the characters totally believable. Sure, most of the actors are a tadge over their characters ages, but surely that is what acting is about! Having seen many of Rikki's other films, I do accept that the issues are tackled in a more low key manner. However, this is a necessity if the film is to reach the widest possible audience and help tackle the scurge of homophobia. I would struggle to show Metrosexuality to a class of young people. Back to the film. Yes, there are stereotypes, but these serve to highlight to young people their own stereotypical views, and they work, young people get it. There's some great acting by a number of rising stars,catchy music and script full of humour. Yes, there is a message to get across, but it comes across in a natural non intrusive way.
So, my advice, buy it, enjoy it, and spread the word. Can't wait for Fit 2 [hopefully!]
on 27 August 2011
I loved this film we watched some of it at 6th form and i loved it and had to buy it. Produced with stonewall it features the LGBT community and shows that just becuase someone is a certain sexuality doesn't mean that they act how people think they do stereotypically it also focuses on homophobic bullying which is major issue in a lot of schools around the world.
on 28 April 2013
Pales into insignificance compared to the masterpiece that was metrosexuality....Although I do appreciate this is supposed to be educational and carry a message, and as much as i admire RBB and his ability,I found it became tiresome having the word gay thrust down my throat so many times. Didnt entertain but maybe that wasnt the point. Sorry.