on 2 July 2017
Exciting books for both boys and girls! Elenna helps Tom in his quests to save Avantia and she is just as brave and fearless as Tom. My 8 year old loves reading and we discovered these in local library. I have since bought series sets from Amazon as he is devouring them at bedtime reading independently and reading aloud to me. Adam Blade is an umbrella pen name for a stock of writers using a formulaic style of writing but don't let that put you off as the beasts are fantastic, there's great use of tension and suspense in the quests which leaves kids hanging on the cliffhangers of chapters ready for the next bedtime installment! I am hooked in too and I'm a jaded English teacher!
on 26 May 2016
I bought this set on recommendation from my 7 year old sons teacher as he's becoming nice and fluent with his reading and is really starting to enjoy books which is really lovely to see especially as I like my books too.
So they arrived promptly and my son has enjoyed reading them all, they are perfect for around my sons age group.
on 14 April 2017
The grandson thinks its wonderful - hopefully will keep him occupied and out of mischief for quite some time!
on 7 August 2017
Bought these for my grandson and he was very pleased
on 4 August 2017
Nice little bit of reading
on 12 June 2017
good
on 26 August 2017
Great engaging books for any child looking for adventure and exploring. By book 6 as a parent they are a little repetitive, but kids seem to lap them up
on 23 September 2017
Well worth buying, the set will save you a lot of money compared to buying the books individually.
on 10 July 2016
Bought it for my 7 year old but he found them too scary (he's generally not a scaredy type of boy!)
on 15 October 2010
We bought this first series after my 6 year old son's friend got into them and loved them. The first book I read to him, the 2nd book we took turns reading, the 3rd book we suggested he try reading himself. Once he realised he could read it he didn't put it down - he read the whole book over a weekend! Amazing! These really helped with encouraging him to read. I wasn't sure about the writing when I read the first one but soon realised it is perfect for younger readers - the repeating characters, similarity in plot lines and continuing story mean they can get to grips with them fast as they get used to words and names. For being the first book that got my son reading, I give these 5 stars! Brilliant.