Customer reviews

Bagbase retro Shoulder Bag in Burgundy and Sand

on 18 March 2013
I bought this bag as a work bag so it does get a lot of abuse but carries on looking brand new. The bag is really spacious.
on 5 November 2011
This bag is the perfect size and shape for going to uni/school! can hold A4 ring binder plus netbook and other things without being too big and bulky. It also looks really cool....the picture does not do it justice!
on 16 July 2012
I was pleased with this bag as soon I opened it! It is really spacious - has enough room for a bit of food shopping, my lunch, keys, makeup,mobile phone, pens,a newspaper, a diary, a note book - more room than most retro bags of this design. The bag is also stylish, sturdy and easy to clean. There is an external side pocket with a zip which is useful for storing a newspaper, your letters or anything you want easy access to. Inside the bag there is a small zipped pocket/wallet which is ideal for makeup/keys/pens. I would reccommend this bag to anyone (women, men, elderly, children) especially at this price. I would buy it again.
on 23 June 2013
This was a present for my husband. He explained exactly what he wanted in a bag and I searched and found this.

He says it is perfect - good size - side pocket in and out.
on 7 January 2015
I bought this bag in October 2012 (It currently being January 2015) as a temporary replacement for my Fred Perry messenger bag that had fallen to bits. I am currently still using it, and have used pretty much only this bag every day for since I bought it. I am finally getting around to replacing it as it is now a bit worn after so much use. However, I could not speak higher of this bag.

Pros:
- Simple design. Pocket on the outside, small pocket inside for small things (I tend to use it for pens and stuff)
- Sturdy material. It's all fabric so it doesn't break and crack i the same way the Fred Perry / Dunlop bags do.
- Good size. I don't go anywhere without my laptop (15" screen, with laptop cover) and it fits fine. I've even managed to do weekends away using just this bag, but then again I am a 20-something bloke.

Cons:
- Slightly cheap looking. As it is fabric, rather than the PVC that other bags have and the lack of styling gives it a bit of bland look.
- Oh, tiny thing. There's a kind of plastic lining inside that started to come away in bits after a while (I'm talking over a year). Have to clean and empty my bag now and then.

But seriously, I bought this for £7.50 over 2 years ago and for the money I don't think you could find a better bag. If you don't care about the styling so much and more about practicality for your money, go for it.
on 3 January 2013
My 12 year old son chose this bag for school because he felt his school books would be easier to get to if they were in something at hand height & so he could just pull it around to him, as opposed to taking his ruck sack from his back. There was also the added factor that a lot of his friends had them, and he loved the retro look. On the downside, as my son carries a large number of books and a water bottle with him all day, he began to bend slightly to the side his bag was hanging on. After a month he mentioned his back hurting. I thought it might be him carrying such a load on one shoulder all day & suggested he carried less in the bag, leaving some books in his locker etc., but in the meantime I have started to look for a ruck sack that can help distribute the load better.
A good sized roomy bag that may be better for lighter loads.
on 4 November 2012
i ordered this bag for my daughter to use for school but what i recieved was oversized,the wrong colour and an entirely different bag to the one sited in this picture.we were very disappointed and my daughter struggles to carry the one we recieved so i have to buy her a new one.very disappointing.
on 27 March 2014
After buying one bag that only lasted me a weekend before the straps snapped (and I only had a couple of notebooks, a water bottle and some snacks in it for a weekend trip) this bag is everything I could have hoped for.

For the price, some may be sceptical of the quality. I assure you this bag lasts (I bought it in April 2013). I'm an A level student and since this bag can withstand multiple science textbooks, a folder, pencil case, literature books, and whatever else I have, I cannot fault it. The colour is not too bold or bright, and the two main pockets (the big one and the one on the front) are a decent depth and width so I can fit a lot in them.

The strap isn't padded so sometimes it hurts my shoulder depending on what I'm wearing, but it's generally comfortable and I use it everyday.

Very happy with this purchase.
on 1 August 2013
I am very pleased with this bag. I am a small person so chose a child's bag, my existing sports bag is too big to manage easily.
on 13 June 2013
Bought this for a present and also I loved the colour......the person I bought the gift for loved it too