on 26 May 2014
I actually prefer them to the ones with that 'Thinsulate' inner material in them. The reason is that I can determine, myself, how large the turn up is, so eliminating that silly conical shape you get with the hat inevitably slipping up on your brow with every change of expression or twist of the neck. You can't make such a change with the 'thinsulate' ones. these do arrive with a turn up that is wrong for short haired peoples heads, but that is easy to alter and the acrylic knit can then accommodate itself snugly to the shape of your head without slipping up to that idiotic conical shape. I've just ordered 3 more, not because they don't last but because I like a selection of colours to fit my moods and match my other clothing. these are so cheap that you can afford to do that and 'cheap' doesn't mean 'badly made' in this case. Also, because acrylic knits can be slung into the washing machine without any concern I haven't to think about washing these hats separately with my woollies or worrying about dye washing out.

Eamonn
on 9 November 2016
The Beechfield beanies are very warm and comfortable and last well. I ordered a few this year in a variety of colours and so far am happy with most of the items.

HOWEVER, be careful which secondary seller you use, the black one received was NOT A Beechfield hat it was a cheap small, thin hat. See image for the difference
review image
on 10 May 2017
I love this hat, it's much better than what I expected it to be! It's a bit big on me but that's because I have a fairly small head. I ordered this on the 5th of May and it arrived on the 10th of May, will buy other colours - it's very warm! Great for winter!
on 13 December 2015
Bought this to go into a Christmas 'Shoe Box' for a local charity working with the homeless. Good quality for the price and a HUGE range of colours. I chose this colour in preference to black for a young adult male. The lead time was 3 - 4 weeks but I received it within a week. Excellent.
on 8 January 2017
I bought this for my boyfriend who kept moaning when we were out on walks. The hat arrived quickly and does the job brilliantly. Keeps him nice & warm... & no more moaning :) bargain price for a hat that does the job so well. Very happy customer.
on 23 October 2016
One day someone will make a woolly hat that does not stretch after a couple of weeks. I have gone from £20 to these with the same results. This all one size malarky has to stop. Some of us have big heads.
on 17 March 2016
FAR superior fit & quality to our original Black Beanie purchase via Amazon. The hat arrived earlier than expected too, in secure & waterproof packing. Hubby will be a very happy boy this season, with warm lugs & head. Thank you TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
on 15 June 2016
top of hat [protrudes quite high above scalp, cant really be pulled down or you cover your face :) does the job, just annoying void above
on 29 January 2017
Bought this item but it was a bit small, the first one I bought in grey was great I wear it all the time. This item is of very good quality and hard wearing.
on 14 May 2015
nice snug fit a nice soft comfy hat keeps me head warm quick delivery delivery was quicker than the dispatch but i can only guess that the supplier waited till payment had cleared in their account before dispatch a lot better quality and fit than pound shop ones and reasonably priced