Customer reviews

on 19 October 2011
Voyage 34
So some back history of voyage 34 this was going to be part of the album up the downstairs but was removed to make the album work better but he didn't want it wasted so released it as an EP.
If you listen to this EP after UTD up the downstairs you will link it easy as its all based on the same concept of LSD trip and the music flows in such a way. The EP is in 4 parts phase I-IV .
Phase 1 is the best of the album and is concerted on brain that takes the LSD and has a bad trip. The narrator of the album is the same as the one from what are you listening to on UTD the way the song is played is mainly guitar based with the electronic sounds coming through. This is the phase that has the Pink Floyd guitar part in most of it. Then as the song goes on it gets a little more heavy in the guitar and is played at a faster rate. The playing on this album is amazing he did a amazing job of that.
Phase 2 is about a woman who is on a LSD trip and is similar to phase 1 but with a slower build up and again has the PF guitar parts with more different electronic and drums to part one and has narration by the same man but there is a woman talking about her trip of how the walls melt and how water feels while on a trip. Phase 2 has more amazing guitar work on and has a phew different parts to it as it starts slow then the PF parts then a more original guitar part then back to PF.
Phase 3-4 are both very similar and are more electronic based to the previous 2. Not as interesting but still good.
This is a very good EP but be warned it is a little repetitive and the phases are between 12 to 20 min's so is a long EP. I believe this EP would have been good as it was at just phase 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 are just a little bonus.
This is not their best album or EP but is still very good. I say if you like UTD this is a must have as it is a continuation of the album as it should have been originally. A must have for big fans of early work by PT and a must at least have a listen by a PT fan. Not a starter album as I said for on the Sunday of life but one for the true fans.
on 15 April 2017
For a start I am not a junkie but I would love to experience LSD at least once before i die. I like PT and this album just knocked me on my ass. So Voyage 34 was bummer but the narration and sounds just consume me. It makes me feel that I am there with them. I will listen to this many times over the coming years.
on 30 June 2017
Another perfect Album!
on 20 January 2018
ok but not as good as their other albums
on 26 March 2016
interesting hippy trip music
on 9 December 2012
Mate Played Part Of This Album Too Me & I Was Really Surprised At What I Was Hearing! Pink Floyd/Hawkwind Is The Only Comparison I Could Think Of.Played This Over & Over,Very Trippy Sounds But Really Well Put Together & Very Entertaining.Well Worth Buying This One,Full Credit to The Artists Behind This One.
One person found this helpful
on 16 October 2017
good thanks
on 4 July 2015
Different but still a great listen.
on 2 September 2013
it a great band group music
cd in good playing status

cd music --shop-- Porcupine Tree( all your music-shop)

fast delivery itens---best prices