on 11 May 2012
Having read reviews for camera batterys and in particular generic versions that I hoped would save me money I was somewhat concerned that I should not fall for buying an item that would be totally useless. Nikon batterys work in Nikon products thats fine but can be regarded as expensive. The question is do generic versions work as well? That was my delema. Well I decided to buy this product as it was labelled with the Nikon name and great joy it was also at a lower price than i had expected. I sent my order and it arrived very quickly - It went immediately into my Nikon charger and when fully charged into my Nikon D3100. I Switched on the camera and everything worked just fine it appears to last just as long as the Nikon supplied battery and so I am very happy with this product and recommend for Nikon D3100 users as my experience with it has been a positive oneNikon Li-on batteri EN-EL14 Opladeligt Li-on batteri EN-EL, VFB10602. The service from this company was fast and efficient.
on 6 July 2013
I've purchased this product to have an extra battery with me when outside taking photos. I received it in a box heavily taped around which made me suspicious at first but then I found the battery inside its transparent film case (though without any hard plastic cover on one end as seen in the photos of the product), so I thought it was ok.

But then I realised that the life of the fully charged battery was no more than 2 hours (less than 100 photos)!!! Imagine that I got this to have a new extra for my old battery which (after 3 years of heavy use) lasts several days (around 1000 photos).

Taking into account the packaging and the life of the battery, I can only assume I was sent a used product. I guess I was unlucky, if one considers the high ratings of the product, but still, I believe all the customers should be treated the same way.
on 11 November 2011
Great second battery, it's Nikon so it's gotta be good right? right. I'd buy another in a shot. In fact i would buy a couple more. Dont buy the cheap alternatives from ebay as they dont work with D5100's.
on 25 April 2011
I have a Nikon D3100 and wanted a spare battery for my recent trip. I did try to buy one on the cheap, but when it arrived it was not compatible with my camera... So I bit the bullet and bought this one. Pricey, but it works, as this is an original Nikon product, and that's what we want.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2011
Arrived quickly and although I didn't save much in the way of cash I could not find a local stockist.

Proper Nikon battery and no problems.
on 7 May 2011
Not much you can really say about a battery really. Charge it up, whack it into your camera and start snapping. The only thing I can say is that the battery life is maybe not as long as other cameras I have used. Canon seem to have nailed this completely but nevertheless, if you buy this, you'll be guaranteed that it works when compared to some 3rd party batteries that don't.
on 21 October 2011
In the past, I have been content with buying my second battery from a third party manufacturer and paying mostly less than £20, as I am annoyed at the prices that companies charge for their own batteries. however, the last time i did this (for a Sony DSLR) the battery did not fit the camera or charger without adding a piece of card in for packing - so I ended up buying twice and having to get a proper battery anyway. So on this occasion, I was pleased that I was getting a proper Nikon battery for cheaper than most originals cost. the battery came boxed and the box had a stick NIKON hologram sticker on it to indicate an original product.

The company that sent it (POPCORN) were prompt (arrived 2 days later) and sent 2 advisory e-mails re the order, so I would be happy to deal with them again. the battery behaves exactly the same as the one that came with the camera in relation to charge times and performance. I bought this for my D5100.

Happy to recommend. My rating for 5 starts is based on the fact that I got an original battery for about £15 cheaper than I have experienced with other manufacturers.
on 11 July 2011
Used as a spare battery for my Nikon D3100. Holds charge well and lasts for ages. Regularly take over 600 photos before it needs to be recharged.
on 9 July 2011
Having bought a Nikon D3100 and reading that you can only use Nikon branded EN-EL14 as third party equivalents don't work. The price is a bit over the top but it works. The D3100 is very heavy on battery usage so if you have just bought one or are considering buying one you will need this battery.
on 12 December 2012
The short answer: it's a battery and I'm happy with it.

The long answer: The first time I tried the battery out in my d5100 it ran down VERY quickly. After about 100 shots and a couple of short videos it was on the red, with one bar left! I was worried that it was a dud battery or worse a fake (some 1-star reviewers have suggested that). So I performed a test ...

I charged up the battery that came with the camera and setup a time-lapse photo (900 shots, RAW, with the standard on-screen review after each shot, but no flash, no vibration reduction, no autofocus). That battery took over 800 shots until it made it to 1 white bar. From what I've read that's about right, so I knew it wasn't the camera that was going wrong.

Next, I charged up this battery and did the same test with a time-lapse photo (same settings). It performed just as well - 800 shots and down to 1 white bar.

What I discovered was (being new to DSLRs) was that all that fancy stuff makes a BIG difference. If you turn off the auto-focus, the vibration reduction, the live-view (yes, I know it's nice for those of us coming from point-and-shoot cameras) you're battery will last a lot longer. Even saving in JPEG rather than RAW will save some energy.

So the lesson here (and this goes out to those people who, like me, are new to DSLRs) is that it pays to read the manual and check your settings.

If you really can't live without using live-view and all those other things, then you can always buy a battery grip that holds two batteries!