Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2011
An enjoyable CD with no weak tracks. Much of it is typical mainstream 'country' but it is good to have songs from a variety of artists and Gwyneth Paltrow is very good. There are two particularly good, 'stand out' tracks 'Words I couldn't say' and 'Me and Tennesse'. The CD is worth purchasing just for these.Country Strong (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
on 25 September 2014
I had a copy of the Country Strong DVD which I had bought cheap at a car boot sale. I had never heard of it, but took a risk anyway and was pleased that I did. I was so impressed with the film and the music that I had no hesitation in purchasing the soundtrack on CD when I saw it on Amazon.
If you are a country music Fan it's worth getting.
on 27 September 2013
This item was not delivered to me. I haven't been on here for a while and just looked back at my previous orders. At first I thought I hadn't carried on with order. But when I have checked, it had all gone through and I never ever received it. Poor irk prime I was about to order an Apple TV from you. I will shop elsewhere now.
on 10 April 2013
I have watched the movie six times. and loved it . as a big country fan and after seeing tim mcgraw in london at the 02 in march country to country. just had to get this cd. its great.I have also bought two lanes of freedom. which is fab as well.I have played it ever day since I got it.
on 2 May 2012
Received the CD on time, well packed, competively priced, couldn't have been better.

As for the CD itself, the film is better, as with most soundtracks, you tend to remember one or two songs and base the purchase on that.

Film 8/10 - CD 5/10 - Supplier of CD 10/10
on 3 August 2013
I like the music very much,enjoyed the vocals and lyrics but was a bit disappointed that there weren't more songs actually sung by Garrett Hedlund and also 'Give in to me'was nice on the CD but I would rather have had it sung by Leighton Measter and Garrett Hedlund as in the film.
on 28 December 2013
I am a jazz and neo-soul fan that occasionally dips a toe into country. I just like good music, whatever category it belongs to, and this is a good album. And what a revelation Miss Paltrow is. Well worth a listen. Country fans will love it. But non-country should give it a try.
on 31 March 2011
The first time I heard Me in Tenessee I stopped what I was doing to listen to Tim McGraw's fantastic country voice, I didn't know who it was, then I was vowed by the brilliant musicians playing on the track and then the female vocalist joined in - and what a voice - who was she? - Gwyneth Paltrow? I couldn't believe it! I had to get the album just for that one track and ordered it in February - it came yesterday and I am delighted, all the tracks are great. I am not a country fan although I do like the Dixie Chicks and now I have got Country Strong (and loaded it onto my Brennan JB7) I have the cd in my car and will play it on repeat for ages I'm sure. Only slight disappointment? - I hoped to get more Tim McGraw tracks but No so I guess I shall have to buy his latest album now! I have heard the film country Strong has been slated, but the music is wonderful (who needs the movie anyway!)
on 3 January 2013
WARNING this is not an Audiophile CD. The mastering of this CD is quite poor when played through decent equipment. It kinda reminds me of a NOW album. I know this is a compilation CD but I thought with being country music Sony would have made more effort. :(
on 7 August 2012
Saw the film at the cinema and really enjoyed it. Bought this collection as a momento and was not disappointed! Some great performances from singers not usually associated with Country Music. Give it a listen - you will be pleasantly surprised!