on 12 April 2017
I sold my 55-200. This one is Amazing, beautiful. Try it.
on 14 April 2017
I love this lens. It is very easy to use and the images are very sharp. I'm using it with my Nikon D3200.
on 2 April 2017
So far so good! I've used this for wildlife and astrophotography. The photos speak for themselves.

Good points.

I don't find the camera heavy. It's nice to hold in the hand and easy to adjust zoom on the move.

I think the VR is quite useful if you're shooting freehand. Not necessary on a tripod though. Optical zoom is pretty good.

For the price point I think it's one of the best lenses to compliment my D3300. This is my first lens aside from the kit lens I got.

I've included a variety of photos. All of which have been through photoshop as they were shot RAW. But I'm extremely pleased with the photos It's taking and can't wait to get better at taking photos.

Bad points

It can sometimes take a second attempt to get the focus you want. It has 'hunted' a handful of times but most of the time it's spot on.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 4 April 2017
A fantastic entry level lens,i managed some great wildlife shots with this,a steady hand needed though if you don't take a tripod!!!
on 22 March 2017
Bought as a present to match up with a Nikon D3200. Apparently works beautifully and will probably be permanently attached to the camera as he loves it so much. Absolute bargain of a lens as you get an awful lot for your money.
on 29 January 2015
There are a lot of technical reviews of this lens that you can find on Google so I'm going to keep this simple. This is an amazing lens for an amazing price. If you have been looking for a 55-300mm zoom lens for your Nikon buy this and you won't be disappointed. Not all Nikon lenses work with all Nikon cameras though so check first.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2017
I really like this lens and which is used mostly towards its maximum length. I pair it with a Nikon D3300 for great photographs.
on 16 July 2017
Really couldn't be happier with this lens.

It's not too heavy, meaning your neck and arms won't be aching from a day of carrying it around and the optics are top notch!

Definitely recommens for a budget lens - image was taken through this lens mates to a Nikon 7200
review image
on 9 June 2017
Perfect. The lens is was at an amazing price, it was delivered exactly as offered and arrived in perfect working order. Very happy customer.
on 22 August 2017
Absolutely fantastic lens. Was purchased as part of a 'camera kit' I was putting together as a birthday present and have not regretted it at all. The quality of the lens is amazing.

Am using with D3300.