on 8 November 2013
These boots are super comfy, I have worn them for hours walking the dog. I have walked in heavy rain, very muddy fields and London wet grass - but they let a bit of water in and my toe got wet. Nothing too bad. I have since tried waterproofing them further and even tried waxing up the seams but it just seems to get in. I noticed the insole was moving about a lot, the sole was slipping back towards my heal meaning my toe was sat over the edge of the sole. Pulled the sole out to check and could feel slight damp at the end of the show. Long grass seems to be the worst. Trying to work out where its coming in, it's at the bottom of the shoe at the front where your big toe is. Thinking about buying a better insole, that might help and also thinking about putting some silicone on my finger and running it across the front seams. These boots are fantastic and that really is the only drawback. The rest of the boot is waterproof, I even had them hosed down when I got them caked in mud and they held all the water out apart from that front pit on the left boot. Shame!
on 22 November 2011
I have had these boots for approximately one month now. I also bought a Nikwax care kit containing waterproofing spray. I noticed very quickly that after my normal 2 and a half mile walk every morning the toes of my socks were always wet, even after spraying the front of the boots with Nikwax. As the ground was a little damp and there was no rain I assumed it must be perspiration. This morning however, the ground was wet and there was some drizzly rain. At the end of the day I removed my boots to find that my socks were quite wet at the front. I have now liberally applied more waterproofing spray, and hope for drier feet tommorow (although I am not very positive about the outcome). I went for this boot because it was described as waterproof, and also because it is british made. What a let-down. It is a well made and very comfortable boot, but it certainly is NOT waterproof. If my socks get wet when there is a bit of drizzle, what on earth will be the state of my feet when it is snowing? I don't want to go through all the rigmarole of packing the boots and returning them, I just hope that my latest waterproofing spray application does the trick. Meanwhile, I will scour the web for some truly waterproof boots.
on 19 February 2014
I am happy with these boots but accept that at this price they will never be for serious hiking..

Pros: Comfortable, cheap, waterproof so far, reasonable foot support, good grip,

Cons: The insoles creep backwards with every step, leaving an ever increasing ridge inside at the front. I resorted to sticking them permanently in place with spray on carpet adhesive.

The closed eyelets are sharp at the edges ie not rounded. This means that the laces won't slide through when you pull on them when trying to close the boot, which you won't do. So unless they are a snug fit to start with then it's a problem.
Finally, the last pair of eyelets (forgetting the four open ones which are ok) which because of this, are under the greatest strain, will eventually cut them through..

But they're ok for the money.
on 19 January 2013
I purchased these boots a couple of weeks ago because they were a really good price, and I was anticipating snow.
So far I have worn them every day during the snow and they have provided a good grip, and nice and cosy to wear.

If you are a serious walker who is out every weekend on the fells, then you may want something more suited to the task, but for normal wear, and something that will give you confidence when you need that extra grip, then I would recommend these boots.

And when you consider that you couldn't even buy a cheap pair of shoes for the same price, what more is there to consider!!
on 4 October 2011
My traditional Karrimor walking boots sprang a leak after some four years of hard work. Having proved themselves fit for purpose, I tried to find a suitable Karrimor replacement. I chose the Bodmin because they looked to be fairly light in weight and well suited to the type of walking that I do. I have not been at all disappointed with my purchase. They are comfortable, grip well on rocky paths and are completely waterproof. I also managed to find them on offer by Amazon with a spectacular discount. These boots are highly recommended for the casual walker that uses rough but not extreme terrain.
on 7 February 2013
Great boots waterproof and very comfortable, at £24.99 you cant go wrong better than the boots I paid £150.00 last time.

Boot Update:
Good news on the boot front these boots lasted 10 months before they fell apart and thats about 1,800 miles of dog walking for me, footpaths, road & 80% beach, just remember to wash the salt off as it kills boots, I found them still waterproof right till the end, but i have re-waterproofed them every month, so pleased with them just ordered another pair.
on 24 February 2013
Lightweight boot for civilised country walking. Used the first pair extensively for two years and have just replaced with another. Instantly comfortable, hard wearing, somewhat waterproof these are good value. Only problem with the first pair was the inner lining insert (needed to cover the stitching) began to ride up and I had to buy a replacement sole insert. This hasn't happened with the second pair.
on 2 January 2014
I ordered these in prior to taking part in a 5 hour walk. Unfortunately I forgot to walk them in prior to leaving home but I need not have worried. The boots fitted well, are extremely comfortable to wear and stayed dry despite getting rather wet in the snow.

Mountain walking can be incredibly tough on footwear but these boots have excelled.
on 11 January 2013
Rather corny header but good enough. Boots seem to be well made, fit comfortably and are of good appearance. Not tried them out in wet weather yet but in damp weather they seem fine. Indeed they are very warm and are clearly suitable for harsh conditions. Care instructions are a bit daunting but I suppose you have to take a lot of care with well made items if you want them to last.
on 2 December 2013
My second pair of Karrimores and used to walk the dogs across muddy fields. They are waterproof, lightweight and comfortable. My first pair are still going strong after 3 years; but are no longer waterproof due to being erroneously put in the washing machine, so I can attest to their durability.
Very well made for the price.