Had this in my library since September last year and only just got round to reading it.

Read most of Susan Lewis' books and enjoyed them all, always a different sort of story which keeps you engrossed in the plot. I thought at first it wasn't one of her best novels but once I got into it I enjoyed and can thoroughly recommend.
on 28 August 2017
The first time I have read a Susan Lewis book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be reading more of her books.
on 31 August 2017
Brilliant!
on 18 September 2017
Fantastic read....couldn't put it down!
on 30 September 2015
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 July 2017
lovely
on 9 July 2000
I bought this book as I have read evrything else of Suasn Lewis! Every one of her books has a hero, and a heroine...and usually a bad guy as well as a sense of mystery that you need to get to the bottom of before you can put the book down. This book, however, has an ending that is neither satisfying nor a happy one. The 'whodunnit' element does not work and Susan Lewis should go back to what she knows best. An interesting read nonetheless and a must for any Susan Lewis fan.
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 May 2015
Susan Lewis writes a good story and I wanted to know what happened, but I loathed all the characters in this book, so found it hard to care about them. Even the main protagonist is prepared to trample on her friend's feelings. Despite professing to feel guilty, she is still prepared to do what's best for herself, even before she discovers her so-called friend's long-term betrayals. I found it hard to believe that Allyson would feel pity for her husband after she found out about all his deceit. In fact all the characters appeared shallow, weak-willed and inconsistent in their behaviour, especially when they threw out all scruples once a man was involved!
on 18 April 2014
I have read a lot of Susan Lewis books and have thoroughly enjoyed them. However this particular book was not up to her usual standard in my opinion! The storyline, although a bit too wordy at times, was strong enough but I felt it dragged on a bit and found myself skipping pages. There were too many unexplained happenings especially at the end! The reader was,I think, supposed to be left wondering but there were too many gaps to come to help u come to ur own conclusion. I will read more of her novels as this is the first time I have been disappointed.
on 24 October 2014
I've read most of Susan Lewis books and I can honestly say that they are brilliant; however I am unsure about Cruel Venus. I'm only half way through the book and I'm bored already. So with what I've read so far, I would not reccomend it