Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 February 2011
The 5 CD set is fantastic music at an amazing price. This set replaces my worn out vinyl copies which have done 30years service. Some sleeve notes would have been nice but at this price its a snip. Highly recommended to all fans of instrumental music. I can't review each individual track over 5 CD's but the set is chock full of great tunes superbly played by a stellar cast of top musicians. If you like fusion buy it now you won't regret it.
on 8 September 2011
I entirely agree with the previous reviewer. This is a great set. If you like guitar driven jazz-rock then you will love this.
I saw there is no track listing so I thought I'd add one to help browsers.

If you see any mistakes add a comment and I will change it toot sweet!
Simple cardboard sleeves add to the attraction inmho.

Track listing

5. Black Cat Shuffle
6. Ritmo de la Noche
7. Somalia
on 24 July 2013
I was aware of these albums for some time after his stint in Return to Forever but had never gotten around to listening to them.

What a shame as they are a quality set of albums which I now wished I had purchased at the time of release

Yes the box is minimal, the print unfathomable on the CDs themselves but the quality of the music overrides these very minor bugbears

All round quality - do yourself a favour if, like me, you,ve been undecided and dive right in
on 21 January 2014
Have waited years to get the CD of this, (I've owned the vinyl since the original month of issue) then five come along at once! Slightly to my surprise all these albums are of excellent sound quality. Comparing favourably with the originals when ripped and streamed.
on 30 September 2014
All my favourite Al Dimeola albums in one collection. Until now only had them on vinyl. Great to have thrm on CD and on my ipod as well. Brilliant , a must buy for any Al fan.
on 2 July 2014
Love it. All the ones I remember from back in the day plus some I'd heard less often.

Great buy!q
on 9 December 2014
Superb Di Meola package. Great value. Buy it.
on 10 September 2015
This set of albums is brilliant. I owned one album on vinyl but never got round to collecting any others. What a mistake, this guy's talent is stunning. Of all the 'Original album' series i have bought, this set has given me the greatest delight.
on 21 April 2015
More than happy. The sound is fantastic. Price was a bargain.