Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 25 August 2011
I decided to purchase this cable when I arranged to have BT install Infinity Broadband. My office is upstairs away from the master telephone socket that the BT cable modem needs to sit next too. I installed the cable which was routed through a wall space, through the loft then down into my office. The BT engineer simply had to plug the cable into the modem and the other end into the BT Hub. I was up and running within a minutes, in my area I get an average speed of 35mb/s. The cable works well and is very good value for money
on 20 May 2013
I connected a printer to this (rather than have it plugged into a PC) so I could network it. Chopped one of the plugs off to run the cable through small holes and then re-terminated it with a crimp RJ45. Wiring is T568B standard

Works great
on 14 October 2013
I used this to connect from my bedroom all the way downstairs into the main telephone socket in the living room.
It works very well. I'm currently maxing out my fiber connection at 37 Mbps.

I have NOT tested LAN speed yet. I never do LAN transfers so it seems irrelevant for me.

The distance from my bedroom to the telephone socket is around 20 meters.

Absolutely recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2013
This cable twisted quite badly just when unraveling the "spool" it came as due to its flimsy nature but the worst thing was when routing the cable under the floor boards it snagged and the outer sheath tore open with just a gentle tug.

However the data transmission rate could not be faulted.

Possible a good buy be be gentle.
on 21 July 2013
I needed a long Cat5e cable to diagnose a WiFi problem, so I connected directly with the cable and used the wired connection to set up the WiFi. Now I'm thinking of using it as a permanent connection (once I can route the cable properly) and ince=rease the speed of the link.

A worthwhile investment.
on 29 November 2013
This cable is the ideal length to cover 3 levels from my modem to the basement. Wireless makes me feel ill so this is the perfect solution to having internet access. We have 10speed internet and this cable streams films really well,
on 7 August 2014
rubbish brittle single strand cable, i have it routed under my carpet and after a couple months of use it's starting to cause drop outs in internet due to loose connections. now i'm going to have to buy a new ethernet cable i advise you avoid buying this rubbish and spend a little more to get a better cable.
on 12 February 2014
The cable aren't twisted to prevent interference - fair enough, it doesn't say twisted anywhere in the description (but it is fairly standard).

The insulation is loose and does not wrap the internal cables tightly - never seen them this loose before.

The cables aren't colour coded correctly. The white/colour cables are just light colours, the orange, brown & green striped cables are difficult to tell apart. This is fine if you're not intending to cut and patch this - but if you are, look elsewhere this will be a headache.
on 11 November 2014
Does what it says. had it for a year now, no problems at all. Been using it for my xbox and pc because i have poor signal from my router where i am, and if this is the case for you, expect a increase in your internet speed.
on 24 October 2013
Ordered on Sunday and the cable came on Wednesday. That was faster than estimated! Wire is a little thin and flimsy but you get what you paid for! If you're not in need of super speed, go for this!

Just a note, 30m is very, very long. I think I did not use about 10m of it. So make sure you measure properly and buy what you need!