Customer reviews

on 21 December 2010
I was tempted to pay a little more for this set after reading the reviews, any manufacturer that gives a five year warranty has to be confident of its products reliability, and I must say I was not disappointed.
The mills do exactly what they are supposed to do, look great and feel good quality.
The coarseness of salt or pepper can be adjusted and the ceramic plates do a good job of grinding to whatever grade required.
I have yet to establish battery life, but so far so good.
They are easy to fill and take a reasonable quantity of peppercorns or salt or spices so do not need constantly refilling.
All in all, a good purchase and in my opinion worthy of 5 stars.
on 21 April 2015
These work well, on the large side but I should have checked before I ordered them
on 3 March 2017
I bought this item three years ago to use as a peppermill. It is treat. I decided to buy another one to match it to use as a salt grinder. It is useless. I have switched them over and put salt into my old one and it will not grind and the pepper grinds perfectly in either one. I switch them back and it just will not grind salt. I have bought smaller granules and still it will not work. It is not fit for purpose and I would not recommend it..
on 9 June 2011
Sylish and well made these mills do exactly what they are supposed to. The different settings are usefull and dont leave any mess behind if set down after use. No problems here.
Hi there.. I was looking for a pair of electric (battery operated) salt and pepper grinders.. and I was about to give up being able to find anything descent without paying too much, when these came along.. I originally bought some similar ones (shaped like a bullet).. they were absolute crap.. The first set were so badly assembled the grinding blade assembly fell apart when I tried to adjust them... the second set sheared the gearing after one attempt... but then I found these wonderful grinders.. As soon as I dismantled them to insert the batteries I could see the difference.. Metal gearing and loads of power.. and the adjustment was a doddle..The Pepper corns and the Rock salt I use have no chance.. They gring to perfection as small or as large as you want them too..
The aluminium body looks sylish and refilling is so easy.. just turn the bottom section off and that's it.. it locks back into place with a simple twist.. When people come to dinner they fight who's going to use them first..:).. I'm well pleased and I cannot fault them.
Can't understand some of the negative comments, except to say they may have been at fault.. and a replacement set should have done the trick.
Highly recommended..
on 2 March 2016
This is the fourth electric pepper/salt mill I've tried, and I now think I'm set for life. One of the others was absolute crap (very bad quality grinding mechanism that could barely handle rock salt), another was OK, but got clogged easily, the third performed well but shared one characteristic with the others that I found a big downside in all three: a quite small supply chamber that was always very fiddly to fill. Some sort of dismantling was always involved, and then you had to fashion a little funnel to get the darn salt/peppercorns into the chamber. With this, the top simply twists off, revealing a generous "wide mouth" opening into which you can pour your refill directly from the packaging. SO simple and easy! Add to that the plus points that others have mentioned (solid quality look and feel, adjustable grinding size, etc), and I am one happy owner of this set. Actually two - Within a week of receiving the first one (for the dining table) I bought another one for the kitchen. A last note on the batteries - can't say what usage is, as I have haven't had to replace them yet. But I put them in more than a year ago and, even with heavy usage, they're still going strong.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2014
I just bought this set of mills at my local Lakeland where they were going cheap due to damaged packaging. In terms of quality and function I am more than happy. They work beautifully, grinding both salt and pepper perfectly and quickly. They are adjustable to that you can get the coarseness just the way you like it. My only negative point is the amount they hold. If only they were bigger (at least twice the size). We are keen cooks in our house, and get through a lot of salt and pepper. It looks like we are going to be refilling these mills a lot.
on 8 January 2014
I enjoy using them they work well for me, I don't use seasoning myself in food ,but the rest of the family do, so easy for my handicapped son to use.
on 14 August 2014
These need four batteries (Each) to operate, so buy yourself a 8 pack of AA.

They don't hold too much salt or pepper, but then again, I don't use it that much and bought it more to match my other kitchen appliances than anything else.

Seems very well built and does the job great... Time will tell if it's reliable, though, Cuisinart seem to offer a 5 year guarantee so that puts my mind at ease!

I thought before buying that these electric ones won't get much pepper or salt out... I was wrong, they grind at an extremely fast rate and save your hand from the pain of manually turning a mill
on 2 December 2015
Bought as a replacement for a previous set. Works well, battery life good and very stylish. Just be careful when removing salt & pepper containers. They fit on by a short twist lug, so if you are too heavy handed this can break, which is what happened to one of my originals.