Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 February 2011
High quality, brilliant music.
Played in my car as well as at home.
The aces of classical singers.
Kiri Te Kanawa singing "partridge in a pear tree" is phenomenal, and raises a smile, too!
on 21 January 2013
This is a good Christmas cd with plenty of old favourites on it. I would certainly recommend it, well as long as you like classical music.
on 28 December 2013
A great addition to any ones Christmas music collection. A great collection of world renown artists who know how to sing for their supper !
on 8 January 2013
After years of listening to top 20 Christmas hits and novelty Christmas songs over the holiday period. I bought this CD, I love it but the younger members of the family thought it was "heavy". So, I holed myself up in the kitchen with the CD, the Christmas vegetables and the Turkey browning in the oven - it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!
on 24 December 2013
If you want a break from Slade and all those other commercial "hits!" try this two disc collection of international classic pieces sung by leading singers(Pavarotti et. al.)and leading Church choirs. This collection is a veritable feast for the ears.
on 17 January 2013
lots of perennial favourites we all know and love, although have to skip the New York one as we have a toddler...
on 2 January 2014
Good quality, good selection of christmas songs.
Many thanks for this most enjoyable cd.
We will look after it as we would not be without it over the xmas period.......
on 14 January 2013
First of all, this is great value, with 2 CDs for such a low price. Overall I loved the content, perhaps there are a few which dont qualify under the "classical" description, in particular the Ronan Keating track...classical??!! CD 2 is more a collection of carols, hardly classical either but superbly performed for the most part. Really you cant go wrong with this, so just buy it!
on 27 December 2012
So relaxing and enjoyable to listen to in the evening after a hard days work.
I would recommend it to my friends
A Classical Christmas Celebration
on 11 January 2013
I've not listened to the choir disc yet but the artist disc isn't as xmassy as I'd like. Xmas as in X for love and consideration, which is the true meaning of the season - the christians stole this date from the pagans depicting longer days starting again in winter. Not made up my mind If I'd like them all mixed rather than artists and choir separate. Was looking for an addition to A Classic Christmas instrumental from a few years ago.