on 12 March 2017
Purchased for my Dad who spotted a copy on the shelves in his residential care home. He wanted his own copy so he could flick through the pages whenever he fancied. He especially enjoys the sections about the earlier years, I love to look at it with him to see some of the toys that I had when I was little, and some that I really wanted...like a chopper bike for example. The book was delivered very quickly and packaged really well, thank you.
on 6 April 2017
Really enjoyable book. Brought back lots of memories and is great for getting conversation going.
on 25 August 2017
Great Coffee table book, interesting, lots of great photos and beautifully illustrated. I had it out recently when I had lots of visitors around for lunch...they were all fighting over it. It sparked lots of enjoyable do you remember when we... memories.
on 7 November 2017
This book has been bought as a present, but I know they will enjoy reading it.
on 26 November 2017
This book will be fantastic for my mum who has dementia.
on 5 March 2017
A definite nostalgic trip down memory lane.
on 15 March 2017
A great book! Bought for a friend of my mother who has early dementia and it has proved a great conversation opener...! Would make a very interesting 'coffee table' book too!
on 2 December 2017
GREAT PRESENT,THANKS
on 18 April 2017
Got it for Mum and good for visiting memory lane.Good service would use again.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2007
I have this book in my classroom, as the period that we are covering in History is the period from 1948 to the present day. (I know; how can that be History when it includes our life time!)

The pictures and sections are beautifully grouped to the decades, and have resulted in many pleasant reminiscence sessions with colleagues. They have also intrigued the children and have sparked their interests.

A lovely book for all those of us who have lived through any of the eras included in the book - and it takes us from the Victorians right up to the 1990s, so that must be all of us (although I doubt if any of us have lived through all of them!)

You'll find yourself going through it and saying "Do you remember...?" or "Good grief! I had one of those!"

You will also find yourself engrossed by all the wonderful illustrations, newspaper clippings and photos.

A priceless and timeless book! (I'm buying one to give one of my class at prize giving!)
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse