on 30 January 2017
Its Hoya, so its certain to be of excellent quality and it comes in a very smart storage case. I've used Hoya filters for many years, they are the best.

Great thing about a UV filter is that if there is no UV it will do nothing - if there is UV it will reduce the blueness of the image. UV is always higher near the sea and at high altitudes, so this filter is essential for taking photographs on the beach, near lakes or in the mountains. It will reduce the blueness and make the colorimetry more natural.

And, equally important, it provides cheap, permanent protection for your valuable lens. Just leave it screwed on at all times and your expensive lens will be protected from the damaging acid in fingerprints as well as scratches and dirt.

For these reasons I have always kept a UV filter on every lens on all my cameras.
5 people found this helpful
on 3 September 2016
This was my first Hoya filter, I purchased for a Sony A6000 to use on the 16-50mm lens. First impressions are good, great build quality and excellent glass. No discolouring on photos and the filter doesn't protrude the camera lens too much. The filter comes in a hand hard case you can store in your camera bag safely without the filter getting scratched or damaged.

I used this UV filter with the Hoya Antistatic circular polariser and both together work very well and produce excellent clear shots.

I would highly recommend this for your camera, even just to protect the lens.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2017
Great UV filter. I use these to protect the end of the lenses for my canon dslr. They screw in really securely and feel very well made. The lens caps still fit securely in place once this is attached in place also. Brilliant product.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 December 2016
The best filter brand in my opinion. Great mechanical and optical quality, no complaints. Not the cheapest, but affordable and worth paying for quality.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 July 2016
I made sure to buy from Amazon.co.uk instead of 'Fulfilled by Amazon'/Marketplace seller, and I can confirm the filter I've received is the real deal. Works as expected as well. Definitely a recommended accessory for your camera.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2017
Recommended by my son for my new camera and now in place, I can quite see this is an excellent safeguard to protect the lens of my new camera and save having to buy a new lens should I scratch or crack it. Hardly notice it's there, fits very neatly onto front of lens.
on 15 July 2016
Despite some criticism here are my findings. It's a metal mount with threads to accept another filter on top. It is deep enough for my Nikon lens cap to fit at full depth despite being a slim frame to avoid potential vignetting. It is coated on anterior and posterior surface. Many have said the above is not the case but this list is as per my filter. No visible distortions to the naked eye. Slight stress marks visible when placed under a polarising filter to show them (2 sheets of polarised material perpendicular to one another). Buy it confidently. Great price and keep the crud off the expensive glass beneath it!
2 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2016
Good value lens protectors. Yes, I know there is a divided opinion between whether or not to use a lens protector but in 40 years of photography I've never noticed image degredation and a couple of times these have saved expensive front elements. It is not a well known fact that Hoya provide a lot of glass for the optical industry (lens, glasses etc) and therefore these are high quality filters for a good price. Highly recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 July 2016
Provides much needed additional protection for your expensive glass without any noticeable changes to image, which is exactly what I was looking for. I feel much more confident having this on the end of the lens, especially with a young daughter who has a habit of trying to grab the end of the lens when I'm taking pictures!
on 16 November 2015
Excellent. Hoya Filter - Perfect for Canon 10-18. No negative effects to the image quality.
5 people found this helpful