Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 July 2013
I have known this classic for some years. It has always proved a clear and immense help in my Christian journey. I bought it as I needed a new one. People coming to it new would, in my opinion, find it a growing treasure, one of those kept on the bookshelf but taken down frequently for further reading. The Pursuit of God is not a book to skim through and think you know it. This book is for you if you really want to learn, but is not 'heavy' reading. There are more academic approaches to the subject. This is approachable and enjoyable for all of us. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.
on 25 May 2016
When there is so much Christian literature that is bland and watered down, this was a real pleasure to read. Tozer's work is firmly based on Scripture, and he 'tells it like it is'. It's clear that this writer's personal priority is faithfully to teach the good news of Jesus to those who have never understood it, and to lead to real spiritually those Christians whose churches are teaching only the basics of what discipleship to the living Jesus Christ really means.

If you are seeking to deepen your walk with God, then I suggest that this book is for you - and I should also warn that it's not for the faint hearted, or for those who want a spiritual diet consisting exclusively of fluffy, comforting words. Zealous, devoted and truthful he definitely is. Tactful he ain't!
on 30 January 2014
The more we realise that God pursued us first the more we understand his grace knows no end and we can stop getting hung up on our failures and concentrate on running after him not letting the devil stop us through guilt or shame, just focusing on the leading of the Holy spirit and running the race
on 3 November 2014
I have always been deeply challenged by Tozer's writings, and this book, new to me, is no exception. Although written many years ago it is as topical as ever, challenging the lack of Christian awareness of the spiritual union God desires to have with all his people, and the consequent satisfaction with a superficial commitment to godly living. It is passionate writing from an author who knew the wonder of an intimate relationship with God and who grieved that it seemed such an uncommon experience.
on 18 February 2015
A book that every Christian should read. Written in excellent English, this book will enrich and edify you as a Christian. 'In Pursuit of God ' helps you to understand the God Head and throws more light to the importance of worshipping God in spirit and in truth. I highly recommend this book to all Christians who hunger for God.
on 5 June 2016
Although this was written many years ago it still has an enormous relevance to today's Church. It is easy to read and understand and explains that getting to know God in an intimate personal way is more important to a Christian than following church traditions.
on 28 June 2017
Excellent Writer with a common sense approach.
on 24 April 2017
It was gift for someone to encourage a deeper walk with God. I scanned through the first page of the devotional and it shared the scriptures in a simple yet profound way, also because it was time bound devotional it could be re-read over time too.
on 10 October 2016
A Christian classic, that would benefit every believer, becoming their aim in the faith.
on 24 December 2016