Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

Internationally renowned singer-songwriter Bryan Adams has always been one of my favourite male artists. Although I own quite a few of his studio albums, I couldn't resist picking up this excellent compilation as well, which captures the highlights from a recording career that has spanned over twenty-five years. So comprehensive is this set, that you feel like a real collector when you hold it in your hands.

The two-disc 'Anthology' album from 2005 contains most (if not all) of the tracks, all of which are in the chronological order of their release, that you'd expect to hear in a compilation Bryan Adams' work. Being a versatile musician, there is a good mix of those trademark driving-rock classics, along with his most famous love songs and heartfelt power ballads, a few live recordings, and those hit duets with people like Tina Turner, Rod Stewart and Mel C.

With 36 well-mastered tracks, 'Anthology' is an important, and by far the most generous collection ever assembled of Bryan's best music, starting from those early hits on his self-entitled duet album in 1980, to some of his most recent successes. It's almost impossible for me to pick a favourite track, but there is something for every fan. In addition to the great music, the album's enclosed booklet has detailed notes about the process of the recordings, as well as the usual information such as credits for each track.

I really don't think you could ask for a better two-disc retrospective of Bryan Adams' music. Hits like 'Summer of 69', 'Heaven', 'This Time', 'Run To You', 'Everything I Do (I Do It For You)', 'Hearts on Fire' are all classics, and there all here. This really is an essential collection!
on 12 January 2017
Very disappointed. I've just opened the jewel case to discover cd2 only. No cd1 to be found anywhere...gutted
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2007
This 2CD compilation is very diverse and will appeal to diehard Bryan Adams' fans in addition to all music fans. Many of his greatest songs including "Run To You", "Summer Of 69", "Star' "Back To You" and the "Best Of Me" shine amid this compilation. Several of Bryan Adams famous duets with superstars are also featured. It was enjoyable to hear "Here I Am" from the Spirit soundtrack. "Open Road" from his recent Room Service CD is a very nice addition. Bryan Adams is a very special rock star who can rock hard, sing love ballads and play both stellar guitar and bass. He is one of the good guys in music who supports human rights and animal welfare causes. He's a cool vegetarian who continues to excel. His 2004 "Room Service" Cd is a must buy because it proves that Bryan still rocks and has great riffs and fine melodies.
on 18 September 2013
I put this album on one afternoon to remind myself of how good Bryan Adams is.There were songs that I was familiar with and others I wasn't so familliar with all the same this a great musical history of his work of course you have the well known 'Summer of '69' and Everything I do I do it for you which is my 80yr old mothers favourite but you also get one that came from a fantastic film Spirit and that is Here I am mine and my brothers favourite.In conclusion all I can say is for every fan buy it for ones that want something great buy it.FABULOUS!!!
on 19 October 2013
Do you ever have a song stuck in your head for years? Well not permanently but like it becomes the default tune that you sing to yourself? "Heaven" has been that for me for a decade or two. Plus I like Spirit of 69 and Run to Me. So I bought this to play in the car.

What I realised was that a) I knew more Brian Adams songs than I thought I did and b) liked more than I thought to.

Definitely not for anyone trying to be cool or relevant but good sing-a-longable pop-rock tunes.
on 1 March 2016
when you get thro playing this i guarantee you'll play it again & again, bryans really pushed the boat out with this one, all his top songs played with the oomph only he can produce, been springsteen lovers for yrs till we sat down & really listened, then just bought half a dozen cds inc this, good job too! cant leave this one alone, get your friends round & the booze out & have your own little rockin party! (& a glass of wine for the ladies lol). if you dont buy, you cant fly. ENJOY!
on 8 May 2015
Was scratched to bits
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2017
Love it.
on 20 November 2014
Immediate delivery thanks. Bought for my grandson who is a great fan of Bryan Adams and is looking forward to going to his concert at the O2 Area this weekend. Arrived in good packaging therefore no damage
on 7 July 2006
This compilation shows most of Bryan Adam's best known songs, like Summer of 69, Everything i do, (i do it for you), Cloud Number 9 and When your gone just to name a few.

I bought this to get a taste at other songs that Bryan Adams has done, and i was not disapointed at the quality of great tracks available on these two CD's.

Buy it now and if you like it like me, buy a few other CD's he has produced