Pure... Psychedelic Rock
Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 5 April 2012
First of all let me thank Amazon reviewer...Heat"jamesT" for taking the time and trouble to post a full track list.I was unaware of the "Pure" series until I came across "Pure guitar heroes" in a sale in Debanhams Nottingham store. While strictly not as the title would suggest "Pure" it is never the less almost there. It reminds me a little of the two "Rock Machine" sampler albums from the sixties (they should be extended and re-issued as a double CD) infact some of the people on this CD are featured on Rock Machine,tracks like "Fresh Garbage" by Spirit and "Stoned Soul Picnic" by Laura Nyro are worth the money alone. Far too many tracks(69in total) on this 4CD collection to mention individually but like me any one with a passing interest in psychedelia should find this collection of interest. Check out the Guitar Heroes 4CD set as well,some extended versions and the brilliant Ram Jam bands "Black Betty" worth the money alone....Excellent sound quality and very good value for money.Well done Sony Music....Lets have more.
on 20 March 2013
With my love of psychedelia I was wide-eyed and drooling in anticipation, eagerly awaiting the delivery of my copy. With newly coiffered centre-parting & bedroom decked out in purple flock-wallpaper I hurriedly loaded a disc... The superb "In The Year 2525" was one of the main reasons I ordered this collection - bliss!! OK, the album title is taking a bit of a liberty, with "Psychedelic Rock" definitely used in it's broadest sense, along with "Pure"...huh?.... "Up, Up and Away" (In my beautiful balloon) next door to "Simon Says"...man that's too far out!.. OK, you get the odd clunker here and there, but you also get a fair smattering of big names & some very good stuff amongst this varied 60's/70's pick 'n' mix.

I have to get real here - 4 discs, 69 tracks for under £6 (at the moment). I managed to find more than enough orange cremes in this box of delights, so I reckon it all adds up to good value for money. These compilation releases are often a good introduction to some of the artists featured, with the potential knock-on effect of improved sales. Considering the age of some of the material, the sound quality is generally very good.... Now close the curtains, crack open a packet of Spangles, close your eyes & let the music take you wherever you wanna go baby.
on 22 June 2014
I bought this boxset in order to own In The Year 2025 by Zager & Evans which I'd heard on R6. And then I was re-acquainted with The Chambers Brothers who are worth further investigation. There are lots of decent tracks on this compilation but I'm not sure any are psychedelic! That's not to say no LSD was harmed in the making of the music...
on 24 July 2017
Needs to be more psychedelic!!!
on 23 June 2016
Fabulous compilation a great assortment of classic tracks very pleased with my purchase, postage and packing excellent.
on 7 October 2014
My kind of music. But as to pure psychedelic music, don't think so.
I was a Hawkwind, Gong, Tangerine Dream fan, you will know what I mean.
on 15 March 2016
Are you going to San Fransisco! This is a very good selection of al kinds of acid music
on 23 January 2016
Takes me back to a better time.
on 28 May 2017
Variety of Artist, variety of classic Rock!
on 2 January 2016
A great CD with great songs on it that are familiar, and others that are not, but are gems.