on 16 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was realy drawn to these headphones from their looks alone - shocking pink with contrasting ear buds - groovy! I was also drawn to the no-tangle claims of the 'wire' - I'm really impressed. The 'wire' feels like cord, and is pleasing to see that unless you are in the habit of practising your sailors knots with your headphones, you will have no problems with tangles and twists.

The sound is excellent too - not too heavy on the bass (which I like), good clear and crisp notes. The co-ordinating ear buds also offer 3 sizes to fit your ear so very comfortable too.

Packaged nicely too, I'd recommend these headphones to all.
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Philips are typically a brand I go to for in headphones (them and Senheiser). I was not let down by these. I love the colour and they are very comfortable to wear. I don't normally go for the in-ear buds but found these fine and best of all gave a better sound quality than some of my other ear bud headphones. The box comes with two other sized ear buds so there is sure to be one to suit all kinds.

The sound was nice and full with a good bass and treble response when turned up. Good for blocking out external noise as well. Recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Philips and O'Neill, the surf and sports specialists, have collaborated on a range of head/ear phones. I think they're aiming for the boarding market - it's an eighties retro look with bright contrasting colours.

I recently reviewed the jazzy black and white headphones and had no problems with noise from the cord on those. However, on these earphones you do get noise as the useful non-tanging cord scratches against your clothes - I don't find it a problem but others might, so I deducted a star:

Pros

Very comfortable earphones with three different sizes of ear buds for a good fit
Excellent sound quality for the price - good on bass especially
Tangle free cable really works - though there are problems with noise from the cord scratching against clothes
Very little sound leakage - so good for listening to ipod etc. when in company

Cons

Styling is probably not to everyone's taste
Scratchy noise from tangle free cable as it rubs against clothing
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Included in the packaging is the headphones, plus three sizes of plugs. All nicely enclosed in a sturdy box.

These headphones are interesting, mainly because they are advertised for the 'on the go' lifestyle. Yet this is where their major flaw is. They create a constant scratching sound when you are moving with them. This originates from the small metal joiner where each headphones splits from the main wire. Effectively if you are doing anything active you will find that all you hear is the vibration from this travelling up the wire. Pretty much unusable for sports. However, they are perfectly good for using when sitting still (i.e. Bus journeys). Yet they really do not fulfil their purpose. The sound quality is, for the most part, fine. They convey a bit of bass, yet all this is overshadowed by their failure to be used on the move. Therefore they only get 2 stars from me - look elsewhere for headphones.
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I usually stick to basic black for anything technical. Like Henry Ford, I think it just is a good colour to use, but these earphones caught my attention and on a whim I got them.
For the price they are a good bit of kit. The just over 1m cord isn't plastic and is called 'tangle free'. For a few minutes one day I thought I'd knitted a new scarf with it when I got it tangled and was faced with untying it, but it did indeed slide free very easily and was straight and kink free almost at once. And the pink colour I have definitely makes them more visible at the bottom of my bag. No more frantic grasping at anything black to find I've got the string off my coat and am now walking like a geisha girl as I mince along. These are almost fluorescent.
The ear buds come in 3 diffrent sizes and colours, which is a shame. The medium sized are yellow, the small size a bright turquoise. I would have liked to have all the sizes in all the colours and, thus, be able to coordinate my ears and outfits, but I expect that cost means that isn't an option.
And, yes, I know all you music techies are saying 'enough about the looks and colours, what about the performance?' Well, for its price that is very good. The in ear aspect really produces a good clarity of sound and blocks out most external noise, not too good if you're crossing the road but ideal if you sit to listen to music in the same room as a boisterous family. And they can't hear what you're listening to, either. I tested it with my superlistener 10 year old who couldn't hear a peep, not even an annoying drum beat even as my ear drums suffered the consequences of Muse blasting full power at me. The sound was good, but if you need a super techie review then others on the site are better qualified. As a layman who needs it to work and wear, these are a good set and I'm pleased with them.
VINE VOICEon 16 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I do like a good, mellow sound, and to have ear-buds that fit. The normally supplied earphones just "do my head-in", (forgive the pun) as they continually fall out. This market reminds me of the "Old-Days" in the 70's, when an enormous time was spent to buy loudspeakers that were "the best", and have fond memories of trudging up Tottenham Court Road in London to test them out, (a bit of a Mecca then for "HiFi" fans at the time)

Audio quality has advanced light years since then, and unless you are spending vast amounts of money you are not going to notice any difference in detail. Everything audio is a much-of-a-muchness now, so for sound quality, I can give this product nothing special, because that is the market. However, the simple idea of having a cord, rather than the plastic lead that gets so tangled up, then that makes it a positive note for me. In fact make it even thicker and substantial, and I could probably give it a 5 star rating. I just want a pair of ear-buds that fit, and a strong, resilient connection to my iPod that can tolerate a lot of handling without tangling. That's all. The sound quality is just the same as any other, unless you are going to pay £100's
VINE VOICEon 26 November 2010
What a pity. These really do not come close to the quality of the Philips-O'Neil headphones. I must agree with other customers about noisy rubbing cable, and I found it impossible to change the ear-buds from the default medium to the small pair. I didn't know that one needed to keep a pair of tweezers in same pocket as one's player. I've had to put on a pair of small buds from another pair of in-ear phones, and they popped on without any trouble.

After all that, the sound quality is really poor: no depth. This may be due to the ear-bud problem, but no fiddling with machine settings seems to improve anything. I'm afraid these phones are a great let-down.
on 23 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My daughter has a pink ipod so when she needed a new pair of earphones these pink speckled ones immediately caught her eye as they would match her existing player.
Fun, trendy & fairly comfortable, these are a big improvement on her previous set! However having now borrowed them myself on several occasions, I have experienced some "cable rumble" and you can forget trying to keep these in whilst at the gym or jogging! As a casual listener I would ay these are still worth considering, but truthfully there are better out there, yet my daughter is made up with them and sometimes that is all that matters!
on 4 December 2012
I have reviewed another similar pair of these, I bought these for my girlfriend! They are simply great for doing active stuff, and not breaking! I bought so many of the big brands Sei... and they repeatedly failed, bought these without problem, I am reviewing them a year on and they still work, and have even been through the washing machine!
Simple, you want tough earphones for running or going to the gym... buy these!
on 8 June 2011
opened the package and new the smaller sleeves would fit me best, only to find that i had only been given ONE smaller sleeve. i have two ears!!!

i had been given THREE of the larger sleeves instead. the product description clearly says sets of the 3 sized sleeves, not one of one and three of the other.