Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 November 2010
Superb DVD my little one loves. It's refreshing, aimed at children while respecting their intelligence. All the stories are focused around the garden. Nature and others are respected and the importance of balance, something we could all learn from. Significant story lines give the opportunity to learn with insight, the needs and feelings of others. Accompanying songs and music are pleasantly upbeat. Dirt Girl has a lovely singing voice and real instruments can be heard. Picture quality and sound are superb; ours is played on equipment so naff, WE were paid to take it away!

Dirt Girl loves to grow things in her garden and her best friend Scrap Boy likes to invent various contraptions from recycling what ever he finds. Their friends are Grubby a bright yellow 'grub' who loves organising Ken the stunt Weevil, Hayman the scarecrow, Roger Rooster and the hens which are by no means paltry poultry!

Green Thumbs are actual children who appear via video link on Scrap Boy's bicycle powered screen. They show their various ideas to help the projects and produce they have grown. These are short clips with no silly, unnecessary adult interruptions.

Eight episodes approx 89 minutes total running time:~ Morning, Home, Balance, Grubby, Antics, Seeds, Dig and Choice.

First seeing this on cbeebies, I initially found the faces rather creepy but my little one was immediately transfixed. Real faces are merged into a mixture of photo and drawn bodies and backgrounds. Dirt Girl is related to as we have an allotment. We are already planning what to grow next from seeing what Dirt Girl is growing. A really good buy, producing pure down to earth enrichment!
on 22 April 2011
This was a dvd bought for my daughter to watch in the car when we are going on a long journey. My daughter chose this as she like dirt girl on the tv.
She had lots of fun watching this dvd and was thrilled with the packet of lettuce seeds that were inside the dvd case. My daughter has even began to eat carrots again after a two year break. Great. We are now planting lettuce, raddish, and carrots as my daughter is keen to eat her own like dirtgirl
on 26 October 2011
After my daughter fell in love with a programme that is rarely on CBeebies I was delighted to find this DVD.
It keeps her entertained and she loves it!
on 4 April 2013
I ordered two DVDs - one for my friend's child and one for myself ! Crazy, I know !!!

I just love DirtGirl World - a fantastic kids show. The graphics is amazingly clever and above all, it's really good fun.

Oh ! Forgot to mention - the DVDs arrived unexpectedly quick !

Thanks with big smiles
on 10 January 2013
I have been looking for this DVD all over the place. It is brilliant, and very inexpensive.
I recommend this for young boys and girls. The songs are so much fun to dance to.
on 21 April 2012
A must for 3 year old children.
I am fascinated and interested by the absorbing and delightful computer generated expressions concocted!
on 21 May 2013
Lovely programme, encouraging children to be more green. Has given my daughter green fingers and she is now growing her own plants.
on 8 September 2013
great value for money. my daughter loves watchin dirt girl world. i like watchin it aswell :) learn new things in the garden
on 25 September 2012
My son asked me to buy it but now he doesn't want to watch it. He might grow into it so I'll wait and see.
on 9 July 2014
i bought this as a gift for my sister's kids (at her request). I haven't watched it but they love it.