Customer reviews

Out of My Mind
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 27 May 2017
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I couldn't agree more, or add anything to, the excellent review given by BeatleBangs1964 other than to say I also think Sharon Draper is a genius. Like all her books, this is a must read for everybody . From middle primary to adults, this is such an important book.
on 14 October 2015
I started reading this yesterday as quick read and to try getting myself back into reading itself. I am much older then the age is given but I never let that bother me because I could not read until I was 13, to me it's like reliving my childhood dream being able to read stories. Anyway back to the book....

It was such an easy read and pleasant but it also had quite a series topic involved into the story, from an adult/teen prospective it is an eye opener to a world I never knew about. Melody the main character has a condition were she can not move or speak and is classed by the doctors "retard" but she has a photographic memory and is very smart.

You travel with her for a period of her life and she speaks all about the feelings and troubles of not being able to voice or even scream in frustration. It is a journey with a lots of laughter and tears.

Great quick read for adults and teens with a serious topic and great for children to understand about bullying and learning not to judge a book by it cover.
on 5 January 2014
I loved this book because it really put things into perspective on how difficulty challenging and frustrating it is for a young person with that condition. A mind blowing read that will not leave your hands till it has ended. Although emotional at some points a very uplifting read, similar to Wonder by R.J. Palacio, (which I would recommend) great book, 4.5 stars
on 13 November 2015
"Yes Dad, it was better than 'Wonder'. I was getting angry at myself because it was so good; i couldn't decide whether to finish it straight away or not read as much and make it last longer"
For making any child think that about reading i'd give it six stars!
on 26 February 2015
This book is Amazing because of the way it is written. It describes like you are in Melody's shoes and is so amazing. My favourite part was when the quiz was going on and the reader could answer to. Interacting with the audience is the perfect way to enrage a reader. I really wanted to read on but needed to go to bed. This went on for the past days I have been reading it however it was still FANTASTIC!
on 4 August 2017
I loved this book! I think it is a great read for everyone. The story will make you lagh and cry. I would put it as one of my favourite books.
on 8 April 2018
I was laughing, shouting and crying whilst reading this amazing book. Thoroughly enjoyed it
on 9 March 2018
Based on my 10 year old daughter opinion: great book!!!
on 30 June 2015
More for kids... but made me cry for many moments, all kids should read this to learn how to see other points of view and learn how to respect everyone.
on 31 July 2017