on 27 September 2016
My purchase:
1. I did not receive a cd. I received an activation code in a box, original;
2. The few existing instructions are in Italian. Ok never mind for me ... IF those Were clear instructions! BUT No;
3. The link on the box/instructions did not work for 2011 MS Office. That was for 2016 version. Then I Google-d to find out the website to download 2011 version;
4. Ok... After finding out about the correct website: The code was showing as an invalid code. Frustrated!!!;
5. Then I still tried: I found out Microsoft online chat and phone suport;
6. The Microsoft Advisor guy wanted to acess remotely my Mac. I refused to this option. He could not do anything without access in to my new Mac. This Microsoft advisor rang me twice to access my Mac (in the middle of the night) That was unpleseant part;
7. After all this, about 2 hours wasted with all above, next morning I tried to install again... Did not worked!
8. I gave up on this. I returned the item and received a refund after 3 weeks!
Thank you!
But you know, maybe it was my code prob, others from the reviewers codes worked; and good reviews.
Plus if you do not mind Microsoft guys come in to your machine ... it may be ok product for you.
I would advise the seller to review on the instructions, in order to make life easier for your customers.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 October 2016
I bought Office for Mac 2011 last week after carefully searched and read all the negative & positive feedbacks. As most of the feedbacks were not positive saying it came in Italian language and people had to struggle to download the software, I took a chance due to the bargain price.

And it paid off luckily in my case, it took not more than 10 minutes to download the Office software including the current software updates. I received a pack contained a DVD, Password Key, guidance how to download the software and an Office information booklet. All I had to do was to insert the DVD in external drive and double click on the Office Installer icon. The rest was just easy to accept the terms, and press continue to download the software. Dead easy for me as I'm not that good in IT.

Definitely a bargain and worth considering the product for basic Office products to use for in day to day business for personal or students use.
on 2 November 2011
Was dubious about loading this onto my new I Mac after reading many reviews but no worries it went like a dream. Word and powerpoint are just great, much improved on the 2007 version. They transfer via usb stick to my pc laptop and work flawlessly. What a gretat combination. Apple & Microsoft working in harmony.
18 people found this helpful
on 18 October 2014
Forced to buy this upgrade as is industry standard, and need it to run on new Mac OS. I just wish Microsoft didn't have such a monopoly and did better software. Also wish they gave you more flexibility - choice of 1 computer or 5 is it. They should license single purchase for same user's desktop and laptop. The new MS office 365 where you pay monthly for continued use and upgrades impress me only as MS's business plan - how to continue to make money out of customers who really don't have a choice. I have yet to try the software but after the experience of trying to get clearer information and buy it, I feel I would prefer to have nothing to do with Microsoft. Sadly that's not a serious option for me.
on 18 September 2016
Having decided not to go for the latest version (after reading the reviews, especially of Excel) I got this for less than half the price. So it came with Italian instructions on the box, but who needs any instructions? There's no Italian language embedded in the software and the licence code and everything works absolutely fine. I'm up and running with Office on my Mac for a bargain price. And I've avoided having to be tied to a Microsoft subscription. Perfect!
on 3 December 2012
Kind of useful, even on a Mac, because of things like .docx. Everyone has different needs, but I would have liked this package to include some of the Outlook and Mail programs. Word and Excel are fine, but so feature-stuffed that I find it difficult to locate the few functions that I need. So I use the Apple apps which are fine for my work. I'm not sure who uses Powerpoint except to communicate with the outside world, so mail etc would go nicely with that; why not include it? The Amazon description says "Requires a Windows Live ID, internet connection and supported browser." I am not sure that is necessary; only needed for the web-based apps? Misleading, as W Live is not something I need at present. 'Supported browser' could mean anything.
So, yes it is Microsoft, it is undoubtedly a great suite of programs, but for the upgrade price I sometimes wonder why I keep updating. As a Mac user, I wait to see how Windows 8 and all the touch screen stuff develops. And broadband speeds too!
on 29 August 2013
Having been a PC user for many years, the first thing I noticed regarding the otherwise-cannot-complain-about-Mac was the frustration of not having an Office-type program. Pages is great, no mistake, but for many people this Mac package is perfect - and of course completely compatible with PCs running Office for Windows. One bug, though, it doesn't do bookfold (why oh why I ask?) which is nuisance since it was one of the best features of Microsoft Word. Excel outstrips Apple's Numbers when it comes to full funcitionality, and Power Point remains the trusty old workhorse it always was. (However, if you want to buy Keynote from the App Store, go ahead; it's not expensive and has some truly lovely features.)
on 7 November 2013
I have recently changed over from Windows to Mac (which is brilliant) after 25 years. Apple's Numbers & Pages are ok but I missed MS Office after using it for such a long time. It is extremely easy to install and I am glad I made the decision to spend the money.
I would certainly recommend.
5 people found this helpful
on 21 March 2013
Finally there's a product that I could give it a 5ver, definitely loving the use of this good office mac, live up to its name and quality, price wasn't cheap but in return for a peace of mind use. Of course there are room to improve with iMac softwares that i would leave it to the experts, but what it should deliver it did.

Another thing is it can read and type out other languages and have not encounter a clash or whatsoever with it after using it for nearly a year now. Yeah I bought it a long time ago, and only rate this product a year later. So all good it shows.
One person found this helpful
on 30 November 2011
Typical Microsoft product except on the Mac it loaded quickly - vast improvement on same product loading on a PC. Runs well most of the time but with a few glitches - as usual with Microsoft. Also tries to take over the machine with unused elements taking positions on the menu bar eg Outlook not provided with this version but as a sales pitch - this is easy to remove. Also gives you Messenger, document connection and remote desktop connection. Not sure why you would want any of these when you have iCloud, but typical Microsoft it doesn't ask it just grabs all it can. Bill Gates has alot to answer for but whilst many of my colleagues use it, it remains a useful addition to my armoury.