on 4 July 2009
Memories in our music

Many of the lyrics in the Jack Jones CD's are particularly poignant to me because they tell the story of fifty two years of marriage to a most wonderful women. My wife had died only two days before finding these discs on Amazon and the tunes contained on these CD's has helped me,and are still helping me, through an extremely difficult time in my life.I haven't, as yet, worn them out but I am doing my best.
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2014
This is a great CD which has a lot of his major hits on it. However, it would help if CD's advertised on Amazon listed the tracks on that CD as I am still looking for certain tracks which I have on vinyl but would like to have on CD.
on 28 January 2013
I bought this CD for a very sick friend to listen to while she was struggling with chemotherapy. She loves it; can hear every word and Jack's voice wraps around her like a comfort blanket.
on 12 May 2017
All well covered, disc cut at his most mellow era.
on 13 May 2017
Easy listening
on 3 May 2017
1st class
I'm so glad I got this cd, Jack Jones voice is just so soothing, and smooth, fantastic range of songs, and highly recommended.
on 14 August 2009
This is a very wide collection of songs by the great Jack Jones and really good value for money. Jack is one of the world's great singers so if you like this type of music then you really can't go wrong.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2012
This fine double CD contains 34 of the songs that Jack Jones helped to make popular. Jack is the son of the Hollywood actor and crooner Allen Jones, best known for his recording of 'Donkey serenade', a piece that Herbert Stothart arranged for the 1937 film Firefly from a composition by Rudolf Friml. Here we have Jack's first big hit, 'Lollipos and roses', and many tracks taken from other Jack Jones CDs - like 'Young at heart', 'True love' and 'You made me love you' from the Nelson Riddle LP There's Love and There's Love and There's Love; 'Dear heart' from the LP of the same name, for which David Kapp employed three different arrangers, and lots more hits: 'If you go away', 'Our song', 'The impossible dream', 'You're my girl' and more. Jack Jones has a fine tenor voice and these CDs present some of his best-known recordings.
on 26 October 2013
I saw Jack Jones again this year and he was excellent.
This CD is lovely and a reminder of his unique voice.