Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 30 October 2012
This item comes as a kit and no instructions for filling are provided. You will need some PTFE tape and if you are only going to use it as an electric only towel rail, and some antifreeze. Get half a litre of quality car antifreeeze with corrosion inhibitors present. Assemble the rad with the single hole at the top.. Fill with water.. to find the capacity, measure in or measure out, your choice. Mine held 2.6 litres (750 x 400) Now pour in the water / antifreeze mix till its 90% full. So in my case 2.35 litres and fit and tighten the bleed valve. Shake well... I did mine outside... Fit to wall (instructions provided) and wire up. Switch on. Mine took about an hour to heat up and after two hours was really hot... Now carefully and slowly bleed it you should get some air out due to aeration of the water and the expansion process. I checked mine after another few hours.

Now the good bit, this is a really nice unit it works wonderfully and seems to get as hot a central heating rad. A bargain compared to others I looked at. You may have to buy a litre of antifreeze, I did (£5.00) but half a litre to mix in is plenty, keep the rest for car radiator top up!

January 2013: Been working a couple of months now. Still fine and we are still very pleased with it. Its fitted adjacent to our shower, so we no longer hang damp or wet towels on our central heating radiator in the bathroom, that used to dry the towels quickly but cooled the room at the same time.... With this 'Extra' radiator its a no longer a problem and We turn it (the new electric one) off after about 2 hours having dried a pair of shower towels So once a day its only on for a couple of hours.. thats it.
77 Comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2012
Bought this towel rail radiator for our utility and it was just what we wanted. The price and delivery time were good. So far, so good.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2011
We bought this a year ago. Easy to install, well made with a nice solid feel to it and it performs well. Oh yes, and the price was excellent.
on 15 May 2013
This radiator was for my daughters bathroom in her flat. Unfortunately, there was nowhere in the installation instructions informing us that it should be filled with water and fernox. Thankfully, the sellers sent us a new heating element, which was easy to install, so all was well. It isn't the sellers fault that it isn't mentioned in the instructions, but hopefully if someone reads this, they will fill the rad up before plugging it in. It is a nice radiator and works a dream - exactly what was needed.
on 11 April 2013
Arrived shortly after ordering, was well packaged - radiator boxed and double bubble wrapped - with the heater element in a separate box. Item really looks the part. Both items in perfect condition. All components correct and were very easy to assemble. Slots in spacer bars will ease leveling problems if holes drift in difficult materials. If electric only, then no extra parts needed. If dual fuel, then a T piece will be required as will PTFE tape in both situations. Opened and fitted in well under an hour other than filling and bleeding = simples. ;-)

Wiring recommended information is provided as is a parts list, fitting instructions and safety notes. Length of cable on heating element is approximately 60 inches or 1.5metres. Heating element is described as 100W - which was delivered... although, in the long description it is stated as 200W - no big deal.

All-in-all, I found this the perfect package.
on 5 February 2015
Purchased not realising that it would require a thermostaic controlled heater and therfore had to subsequently purchas one and the supplier would not allow any return or offer discount for the originallly supplied heating element because it had been fitted to the towel rail. Upon receipt and fitting of the thermoststic heating element although it worked in as much as it switched the heating element off when very hot it did not reset until the towel rail was stone cold. It will not maintain a reasonably contolled temperature; it is either full on or full off.
I now own an extra towel rail heating element that cost me an extrsa £53.99 that I do not want.
The assembly instructions are very vauge with the advice to leave an air space when filling the towel rail for expansion of the water; ther is given in very tiny writting this warning, however if anybody misses this advice they can conceivable have a scalding accident. I does advise the fitting of a notice to warn people that the rail is hot so why don't they supply one?
I know the fault was mine for not quite understanding this position but the web site does not highlight this.
on 28 October 2012
This is an excellent product. Easy to install and not only dries towels but is adequate to heat small bathroom.
on 11 November 2013
I have to take my hat off to R.E. Pearce for his review of this product, and his excellent instructions. This was an extremely well priced product which was let down by the lack of instructions, and it is here that Mr R.E. Pearce's Review comes to the rescue, so my thanks to him for his help in filling the towel rail. Whilst my towel rail had slightly different dimensions to those of his, I was able to easily adjust his measures to suit my towel rail.

Installation was simple enough. I, like many others, opted for the electric fitting rather than plumbing it in, and anyone with some basic DIY knowledge should have no problem. It is relatively cheap to run, although it does take a while to heat up fully. Would I recommend this unit to a friend? I would be very happy to.
on 17 January 2013
Good product, nice finish.
Loses a star for two reasons: the heating element and the fact that it is filled with water not with oil makes it take long to heat up (45 minutes before it reaches a decent temperature) and the rail's mounting being in the centre at the top and bottom don't leave much room for a towel to get wrapped all around it
on 30 April 2015
This radiator is very good value. It heats up reasonably quickly and being 300 watts does give some heat to the bathroom as well as drying towels.
It was supplied with inhibitor and good instructions.