Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 November 2013
I fed my kittens Royal Canin Dry (which is absolutely excellent) and also supplemented their diet with these sachets. The sachets made their poo smell dreadful, sometimes made them vomit and they didn't even particularly like it! I was not impressed that the total meat content consisted of only 4% either. That's the same as you get in the cheapest food from the cheapest supermarket!
on 27 May 2016
I fed Royal Canin to my kitten thinking it was the best food available for her, as endorsed by my local vet and multiple positive reviews online. She loved it and, as a fussy eater, I was glad to be able to feed her something nutritious that she didn’t turn her nose up at. However, I have since been pretty appalled to find out that Royal Canin add a considerable amount of sugar to their cat food and feel pretty foolish for not realising this sooner. Cats don’t eat sugar, they don’t naturally have a sweet tooth, and it does absolutely nothing for them – it’s entirely detrimental to their health. Anyone who cares about the health of their cat enough to spend this amount of money on Royal Canin should look to buy an alternative, Applaws or similar. There’s no reason why sugar should be added – not even as a preservative - and I’d prefer to help my cat avoid developing diabetes or suffering from entirely avoidable premature tooth decay – or any other of the ailments the sugar in Royal Canin food could contribute to.
on 7 May 2013
This food is very deceiving...
The packaging looks as though the food should be of professional quality, but it has only 4% actual meat.
The rest is non digestible and non-nutritional filler used to make the meat go further, because they are a cheap company who charge too much.
Their food is actually just as bad as superstore brands Felix, Sheba and Whiskas...
And the meat is only 'derivative', that's random parts that you wouldn't eat yourself, not even proper cuts of meat.
Not worth the money you're paying for it.

I've gone straight to 'Natures Menu' for their 80% meat, and no additives.
on 9 May 2013
I bought this product after reading the reviews and wanting to give my kitten the very best food on the market. However, this brand made my kitten very, very sick indeed. He was vomiting, had diarrhea with bloodd, and was hiding in corners to be alone. Not realising it was the Royal Canin that was making him sick, I continued with this brand, and only in small amounts as it was a new food for him, for a week or so. Almost the day after I ceased feeding my kitten with it, he returned to his usual happy self. I will never use this product again, it was such a frightening experience to see my 8 month old kitten so poorly. It was like it was poison to him. Has anyone else known of this at all?
on 5 February 2013
THe only reason I'm not giving 5 starts is because of the pouch. It's difficult to get the food out and my cat starts to eat before I have gotten the food in to the bowl. The food is good though! Tip for Royal Canine, look at the Felix pouches, they are soooo easy to open and pour in to the bowl!
on 18 July 2013
as a cat breeder, I use this a lot, Royal Canin is a very good brand and to date, I've not had any tummy troubles with kittens on this food. Its actually cheaper to buy this from Amazon than the breeders club at Royal Canin !
on 23 February 2013
My daughters kitten, a Ocicat, Travis, loves this Kitten food. As soon as you get the packet out he gets very excited because he know's whats coming. We have tried other kitten foods but he will only eat a few mouth fulls then leaves it, every bit of the Royal Canin Kitten food is eaten, no waste. So money well spent, he also as The Royal Canin Kitten 36 dry food which is always being filled up constantly, we highly recommend this food.
on 18 December 2013
My kitten loves this i combine it with the kitten dried food, it smell ok too not like some cheaper brands of food. My kitten had been having problems with sickness on other brands as soon ias i put him on this he was much better.

only downside is it is a bit expensive
on 19 February 2013
When I got my kitten he was 8 weeks and was being fed the "Advanced Nutrition" cat food brand. The previous owners told me to try to avoid changing his food abruptly because he is prone to diarrhea. Unfortunately the only place you can buy that brand in London is the Pets-at-Home store, which is a 40 minute bus ride from where I live and not available on Amazon.

So I risked and purchased "Royal Canin" wet pouches and dry food, as a replacement for his regular brand. I can confirm that little Oreo hasn't suffered an upset stomach after 3 days of eating it and he seems to really like the wet food!

The only thing is I can't find these pouches in any other flavours on Amazon, which my cat probably doesn't mind but I would have liked to give him some variety.

EXCELLENT KITTEN FOOD!
on 6 December 2012
I have bought this item from amazon before! But a little concerned when the writhing on the front packet is in japanese..i'm alway's suspicious when foreign languages are on front of packaging! Is it made in Britain? And has corners been cut to make this product look great? Royal canin is a great healthy food to feed your kittys with all it's lovely nutrients..I alway's shop the net as you will find this product elsewhere cheaper! Pets at home do do special deals,only a few weeks ago it was £6 a box! But I also do know that Amazon have done this deal too...Come on Amazon do the deal again.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse