on 25 May 2012
I read this series when I was in my early teens and absolutely loved them. I'm 20 now and still love them. The only thing holding me back from buying this collection is the book covers - the earlier covers were much more interesting and appropriate. As it is, I will probably search out the books individually.

However, this should not stop new readers from buying these books - they are an amazing series for both older and younger readeres.
on 26 September 2011
Excellent books, but we were disappointed with the book covers. I notice that you are now displaying them with the whole of the front cover showing and not just the book spines. Although, this doesnt take anything away from actual stories, we were disappointed that the covers were not as exciting as the originally released books.
on 17 September 2011
Not quite sure what "Here Lies Arthur" is doing in this collection (good though this alternative take on the ancient legend is) but the "Mortal Engines" series seems to me to be a towering feat of powerfully imagined children's literature and one that is certain to enthrall both young (and not so young!) readers of fantasy fiction. In my opinion, this work is at the very pinnacle of its genre, and bears valid comparison with other quality work in this area by writers such as Garth Nix, Jonathon Stroud, J.K. Rowling and Michael Pullman. In addition to earlier works of excellence, good young readers are fortunate indeed to have such a canon of modern classics available to them!
on 31 December 2014