Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Good Son
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.84

VINE VOICEon 30 July 2011
I've enjoyed all Michael Gruber's books and this one is no exception.
The plot is complex and the writing, as always, is excellent.
However, I'm not entirely convinced that it should be called a 'thriller' because I think if some people bought this expecting a Bondesque',seat of the pants thrill ride they might be disappointed. That is not to say that the story is not exciting and thrilling in places, because it is, I just feel that this offers so much more than standard blood and thunder novels.
The story is entertaining throughout and there is a considerable amount of examination of religion which is both interesting and informative.

I'm sure you would find this book well worth your time.
on 10 October 2013
Visiting the UK, I went to the local library to see what books were around that I might have missed over the past few years. I saw this book and borrowed it. A totally absorbing and interesting thriller which is different to the normal, run-of-the-mill political / security services style plotting. There are insights into a number of the sides in the 'war against terror' and while these insights may be a bit populist and easy to digest, they made me pause and ponder a bit as I read - unusual for this style of book. The main characters are well-drawn, generally likeable and while they're a bit OTT, no more so than in many books of this type. The plot isn't so intricate as to be impenetrable without a degree in spookology and it feels fresh and original. I enjoyed the way the plot threads were drawn together; I like the characters and hope that the main male protagonist has a place in other Michael Gruber books. As I compose this review, the book has only one review on Amazon UK. I'm surprised that it isn't better known and it is worth more! So here's another 5* reaction.
on 8 February 2015
I loved this book. i liked the characters,the action flows relentlessly and the contrasting depiction of devout Islam with merciless terrorism is a heady mixture. Gruber holds a fine tension till the bitter end. I would highly recommend this book and I give it five stars. P.S. the Jimmy Paz series is also excellent.
on 10 October 2015
I enjoyed it but it got a bit heavy dont know if i would read any more of this author