on 19 January 2014
This fixes to the worktop via a suction sucker. Wou need to draw the knives fairly forcefully through it to sharpen them, so be careful the device does not become detatched from your worktop. Sharpens the knives well though. Good product.
on 25 August 2017
great item
on 19 September 2015
Good at sharpening but not too sturdy because its broken :(
on 3 April 2015
very easy to use, very good piece of equipment
on 12 January 2012
Buy a small magnet,wrap it in cling film,then when you have finished sharpening pick up the metal shards with it & remove the cling film into your bin.
Very good knife sharpener. Makes them safe to use again(blunt knives are dangerous)
on 18 September 2012
This truly is the King (or Queen) of sharpeners. Cant fault it on producing a nice clean sharp edge. but I do have to echo so of the other reviews reservations. I have reasonably good quality Sabatier knives and theres nothing I like more than a sharp edge which makes my food preparation a joy rather a chore.
The problem is that continued use of this sharpener removes more metal from your knife than any other I've encountered. it's only a matter of time before I'll be cutting my vegetables with an 'needle' rather than a knife.

This sharpened with compliment another less aggressive sharpener if it used only when your knives are super blunt and ned to made 'like new'. The rest of the time I would recommend you maintain your knives on another sharpener which will simply hone the already sharp edge back to it's former glory.
on 4 May 2011
Fantastic Sharpener, really quick, easy and safe! I was a bit worried this might not work with my collection of Global knives (Global are fairly anal about having to sharpen them at a particular angle) - I have been using a Global Diamond Steel to sharpen them in the past - It takes forever and i've never been truly happy with the results, now though, 3 or 4 swipes in the Anysharp Pro and they're back to new - all I need to worry about now is not losing a finger - my knives haven't been this sharp since I bought them!
on 3 February 2011
Effortlessly sharpened all of my kitchen knifes, even did my garden shears and my bread knife.

Can't fault it so far, it also comes with a 10 year guarantee which is a huge bonus.
I do not own one but I have used one owned by a friend who bought it but was too scared to use it until I showed him how quick and easy it is to sharpen a couple of his knives.. I do however own and use the plastic-bodied version, which I have had for a few years and it is worth comparing the two.

This one is slightly more rounded around the body but it works in the same way. Lock the device down on a smooth surface (I prefer to first dampen the rubber base). Hold the knife vertically and draw it lightly through the jaws; 2 or 3 times should suffice but if a blade is especially blunt or perhaps has a nick, you may need a couple of extra passes. You should never need to exceed 4 or 5 passes. It can handle many serrated blades and can also be used for scissors if you do not have access to a dedicated sharpener.

The results are equal to its less expensive and older version. It does produce some shards of metal and the blades should also be washed or wiped before use to remove any metal shards. You may also need to remove any shards that may have been deposited on the work surface on which it was used. Sufficiently small to be easily and conveniently stored in a knife drawer.

If I did not own the less expensive version, I might well have bought this model which was not then available.

If you like the stainless steel (?) finish and have other stainless steel utensils and perhaps, cooker, fridge etc, it will definitely fit in. The metal body may also be more resistant to scratches from knives etc when stored, as my one has collected a few.

Although rather more expensive than the plastic-bodied version, it is still not overly expensive. It is capable of considerably better results than many other competing products if correctly used. A definite recommendation.
on 15 February 2012
First saw this used inAnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic) a professional cooking demonstration and decided I wanted one.Amazon offered best price for model chosen.Very good sharpener for all types of knife

See one answered question