The incorporated stand works well so that you can put this down on the worktop without the food end touching is it a good idea, as is the button to prevent the tongs from opening when not in use.
Not had the issue yet with the button falling out..... touch wood!
What I don't like is the spring mechanism which isn't smooth, it is a slight jerky movement and I find this annoying. The spring also doesn't have a very strong resistance so to me it doesn't feel solid.

Not too sure if this will stand the test of time but for the price it should do.
on 14 June 2013
They don't grip that well

The catch in the handle is clever design (bang it on the work top to set and release) but the hinge doesn't work that well.

Little peg to rest them on is again good design, but the main function of tongs is to pick stuff up and these don't do that very well.
on 25 March 2011
Joseph Joseph Elevate Tongs (Light Grey/Red)
I like these tongs. Though the button to open and close them did fall out when I used them for the first time. It did slot back in very easily. Time will tell whether this is a problem or not. So far so good.
on 24 October 2013
I couldn't wait for this to arrive but from the first time I used it it made a creaking noise when I operated it.

I have decided to stick with the one I bought from Asda for £3.
on 23 June 2014
The spring is not taught enough and as a consequence if you pick something up and then release your grip to let go, the tongs don't spring apart as tongs should do.
on 22 June 2015
Quality and design is good but they dont hang easily on a wall bracket and the colours dont match other items in the range.
on 28 February 2013
Very easy to use, and the little stand is very helpful. No marks left on our non-stick pans which is what we were after
on 31 December 2013
Good sturdy tongs and the fact that you can close & lock them is great!! The ledge saves them sitting on work surface too.
on 5 January 2013
Just one of the range of ballanced tools. Easy to use and it is set to sit clear of the worksurface when not in use