on 8 February 2015
I am only giving it two stars as it does not fit at all well into the slot in the back of the GPS. After a bit of a fiddle it will 'click' into place but that can be misleading as it will 'unclip' when handling the unit causing the GPS to switch off. I have had to use tape to secure it but it's not a 100% solution. Fortunately, I use it only as a secondary back up to the back up GPS if you see what I mean (there are a total of 4 GPS units in the aircraft); I only use mainly for flight planning and to make a track log of the flight as the primary GPS (Garmin GNS 530) does not have that latter feature. Battery capacity seems good. I was not prepared to pay for a Garmin battery, so if this cheap alternative had not been available I would have withdrawn the GPS from use. Therefore, it represented good value for money for me. If the battery had fitted like a Garmin battery I would have given it 5 stars.
on 9 July 2013
As I hoped, these batteries hold a far better charge than the standard Garmin 2200mAh supplied with my GPS MAP 496. The price is excellent compared with the £40 to £50 Garmin want for the lower powered branded version. My only gripe is with the fit. the clip on the battery doesn't hold it in the back of the unit very securely. not a huge problem for me because I use it in an aircraft mounted in a cradle which prevents the battery slipping out. pushing the clip up rather than in seems to work best. At this price a bit of tape is a small additional price to pay for an otherwise good product.
on 15 February 2016
Never fitted, it was about a cm to small. Was never refunded dispute my communication to the company
on 16 October 2014
Does the job, quick delivery by the 5 star trader
on 27 June 2013
Holds charge and has capacity of the original part. Though requires a paper 'wedge' to hold the retainer clip in the lock position as the moulding is an imperfect fit.

Still worth it against the price of an original battery for my GPSmap 496.

Hope this helps.
on 25 June 2013
The locking system in the battery pack was not perfectly suitable for the Garmin gpsmap 276c and the battery dropped from the GPS unit.
on 24 December 2012
Product as described and on time . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
on 17 October 2010
Keep your GPS working at a fraction of the Garmin battery price. It will be interesting to see how long this battery lasts. The Garmin battery gave up after four years.
on 17 October 2014
Good replacement for an old Garmin original. Not convinced that it really is higher capacity and has longer life, but some rechargeable battery manufacturers (although not necessarily this one) do tend to overstate the capacity because most people do not have the necessary equipment to test mAh capacity. The latching mechanism seems to be prone to coming undone, but this was a problem with the original OEM battery as well, so not sure if this is a design problem for the GPS rather than this battery. Gave a new lease of life to my GPS 296, so I am happy!
on 3 August 2015
A quick efficient service at a good price.