on 25 March 2015
Cracking album...still sounding good after all these years..If you've never heard Rick Wakeman's work previously, you can't go far wrong with this for starters!

The booklet is a faithful reproduction of the booklet in the LP (which is how I was first introduced to this album, by my late dad) and the audio is fantastic! - I've not really looked at the DVD yet, but other people say its good!

Only downside - the 'Deluxe Edition' banner, which is really sellotape may need care to remove properly..mine's Ok, but theres sticky residue in places!
4 people found this helpful
on 9 August 2017
I still have the vinyl edition of this album which was always a favourite when I was in my twenties. A classic bit of Progressive Rock from back in the day and the next best thing to pulling a sword out of a stone!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 September 2014
The third solo release and possibly the last really good solo project Rick has done, my interest started to cool off after this one the first two solo projects were really outstanding but after this I lost interest. CD sounds really good but the vinyl cover art beats this hands down lucky I've got both so I play the cd's I can look at the vinyl cover art work.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2018
As prog-rock goes, or rather went, this is good - but not as good as Mr Wakeman's Six Wives of Henry VIII in my opinion, hence four stars rather than five. You may feel differently when comparing the two albums. Now back to some Pink Floyd astral boogie for me.
on 30 October 2015
You need to be a die-hard fan to get anything out of this. Seems very dated now but to me that's the appeal. If you remember Wakeman albums getting played at all those parties in the 70's (where you'd hide your newkie brown in the washing machine...) and before punk (quite rightly) ended the extravagance, this is right up your alley.
on 19 February 2015
This definetly sounds clearer & crisper than the original cd. I have heard bits which seemed to be inaudiable on original. I think something different could have been used for bonus disc but let's be grateful the early albums are being remastered. As for the music...well what can I say as this is a classic prog rock album to have in your collection. Well worth purchasing especially if you can find it at a bargain price.
on 6 November 2015
It's hokey over indulgent prog with wildly inappropriate orchestrations and lyrics that edge towards balladry while betraying Rick's hatred of all things folk (bit of a problem in his time with the Strawbs of course). But, for me and a million others around the world, all of that just makes it a work of loveable genius. And it knocks the pants of Journey tot he Centre of the Earth.
on 16 January 2018
A present for my wife - she was very pleased and recommends it
on 12 December 2016
i have always loved this music. I was so pleased when I managed to get the cd as the tape wore out a long time ago. it arrived safely and promptly.
on 5 April 2018
one of my old favs enjoying.