Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 21 September 2011
Excellent series as are all Miss Read series. A way of life I remember only too well in my childhood and the whole is well penned describing life just, as indeed, it was. One cared about the characters and it's good to know that when the last page of the last book(penned by the author herself) was turned over, all the characters were not gone but simply within the covers of those books to open again whenever one wanted.
I have certainly enjoyed reading my first Miss Read story. Like the other reviewers I like the way it brings to life an era no longer with us. I recognised quite a few of the character types from my childhood. The story was well written and descriptive which I followed easily. Timeless entertainment for those who still enjoy a good read. I think this would be ideal reading for a holiday or summers day in the garden. I may well read another story over the Christmas period. Pricewise a great deal.
on 17 November 2014
As ever Miss Read brings to life the countryside and characters of Thrush Green. Her storys remain light but always with an acute insight into human nature that is humerous at times but also sharply accurate. Good winter evening relaxing book.
on 13 February 2014
The book arrived in great condition, as anticipated, and in a surprisingly short amount of time after I purchased it. A handwritten thank you was included, which was the crowning touch. The internet is a wonderful means of acquiring goods (and acquiring customers), but so impersonal. The seller wrote that this sale truly helped them and did matter, and I believe it. Bravo!
on 4 April 2014
This was an absolute treat from start to finish. All the usual suspects were there, Albert and Nelly Piggot, Harold and Isobel Shoosmith - a thoroughly good read, so beautifully written.
on 8 December 2012
a lovely old fashioned story of days gone by. for older people it will bring back memories and for the young it will tell what life was like many years ago.
on 28 January 2014
Most enjoyable. You could almost think you lived in Thrush Green and that the people who live there were friends
on 12 March 2013
Once again a good book for bedtime relaxing and entertaining. I enjoy meeting old friends and reading about new ones
on 28 May 2015
A difficult audio tape to find. It was the only one available and therefore we were pleased to find it.
on 26 March 2015
have ordered the whole series, lovely relaxing read thoroughly enjoying them